Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question about a confession

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have been reading on another post that some other ppl take prescriptions for pain to get the energy needed to clean their house. I am one of those ppl. Just curious what u take, how often, do u ever clean "sober", and those of u who dont- questions or concerns? (non-pill takers: please b nice)
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2012 at 8:10 AM
Replies (81-90):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:42 AM

It's not physically addictive thankfully and I have gone months without them at times. What it can be is mentally addictive. At least there are no withdrawl symptoms. 

Quoting LoveMyLos:

lol! yeah. the reason i don't use his aderall is b/c i don't want to get addicted to them. i can go days without the ibuprofin, but lately my back has been acting up. i work with horses and i have been trampled, rolled on, kicked, ect.....so yeah....

Quoting Anonymous:

If I could get the energy I need from other things I wouldn't use them either, but long has passed the days when a quad shot from Starbucks did anything for me. 

Quoting LoveMyLos:

my ds has aderall left over. i took him off of it......but i won't use it. i have thought about it though. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

When you actually have ADD or ADHD the medications work to calm you down and allow you to pay closer attention to detail. It's one way to test rather someone is infact suffering with ADD. If they take the medications and suddenly have boundless energy and can't sleep at the end of the day they are not suffering from ADD. In the old days they would give these children coffee and the same result would happen. Stimulates calm them down. 

Quoting Anonymous:

How do ppl with adhd react to adderral meds?

Quoting Anonymous:

Adderall XR is what I take to get a full cleaing done. Its an amphetimine medication used to treat ADD. My daughter is prescribed the medication but only needs it 4 days a week, leaving 3 pills a week that either go over to the next month or that I use.  Typically I don't take it more than once per week and I get a 24 hour energy boost out of it. And I get to that micro cleaning you see when you think of someone with OCD. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I take hydro and tramadol. I can do alot of stuff and feel good doing it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I dont think it was neccessary to freak out like that. Curb the cursing and pull out your dictionary. People will take your opinion more seriously if you would articulate yourself better. Because right now I'm just shaking my head at your comment.

Quoting annas_momma:

I would be nice if I could be, but it's not who I am when I have something to say

You, and anyone else who does this, are fucking stupid!!!! Here I am, trying to help get my sister clean de to a god damn pull addiction, that started out this same way (only she took them for work). I think you are a fucking moron and you really need to think about the stupid shit you are doing!!! How damn selfish can you be?

LoveMyLos
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:44 AM

yeah. i love the "high" i get b/c i get shit done! lol. i have depression, so sometimes its difficult to just get through the day let alone deal with kids, house work, animals ect. so they help on my off days.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not physically addictive thankfully and I have gone months without them at times. What it can be is mentally addictive. At least there are no withdrawl symptoms. 

Quoting LoveMyLos:

lol! yeah. the reason i don't use his aderall is b/c i don't want to get addicted to them. i can go days without the ibuprofin, but lately my back has been acting up. i work with horses and i have been trampled, rolled on, kicked, ect.....so yeah....

Quoting Anonymous:

If I could get the energy I need from other things I wouldn't use them either, but long has passed the days when a quad shot from Starbucks did anything for me. 

Quoting LoveMyLos:

my ds has aderall left over. i took him off of it......but i won't use it. i have thought about it though. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

When you actually have ADD or ADHD the medications work to calm you down and allow you to pay closer attention to detail. It's one way to test rather someone is infact suffering with ADD. If they take the medications and suddenly have boundless energy and can't sleep at the end of the day they are not suffering from ADD. In the old days they would give these children coffee and the same result would happen. Stimulates calm them down. 

Quoting Anonymous:

How do ppl with adhd react to adderral meds?

Quoting Anonymous:

Adderall XR is what I take to get a full cleaing done. Its an amphetimine medication used to treat ADD. My daughter is prescribed the medication but only needs it 4 days a week, leaving 3 pills a week that either go over to the next month or that I use.  Typically I don't take it more than once per week and I get a 24 hour energy boost out of it. And I get to that micro cleaning you see when you think of someone with OCD. 

SP_Mama

I've never heard of pain pills giving you energy, they just make me super tired.  I rarely taking any meds unless I'm in so much pain I can 't stand it, but it's certainly not to give me energy.

ashleymosq
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I have a friend that when she takes pain pills they give her energy, but she don't actually do this on a regular basis. Aren't you worried about getting addicted? To me that just seems irresponsible. Not trying to bash, but I know there are other things that can be found to give the energy needed to clean.

Chuckydoodle

How long have you been using them? Because after a year of taking them daily in insane amounts all they did was tear up my stomach and eventually become useless for me. 

Quoting LoveMyLos:

i am. im not addicted. like i told another poster, i can go without them. my back has been acting up, so i have been taking them so i can deal with children and housework. 

im well aware of what they can do. thank you.

Quoting RiotousDigits:

Laugh your ass off if you want, I really don't care.  The fact that YOU can't see what you're doing to yourself is proof enough you are addicted and willing to take big risks to fill that addiction.

and if you don't know what long-term use of pain killers can do to you, you better look into it.  It can and will destroy your organs, even more so at the doses you're taking.

Quoting LoveMyLos:

ummm......all i can do is LOL!

Quoting RiotousDigits:

Then YOU go to YOUR doctor and get your own.

You are literally going to kill yourself taking drugs that aren't yours.  By abusing Rx meds, you most likely not be a good candidate for a kidney transplant when your habit kills them.  No board will give organs to a person who is at fault for destroying their own when there are so many who legitimately need them.

Get help and stop abusing drugs.

Quoting LoveMyLos:

ummmmm...no. she does get them by script.  im well aware its illegal but its the only thing that helps my back.....hardly a ring though....

Quoting RiotousDigits:

So?  Sharing with just you is ILLEGAL.  If YOUR name isn't on the Rx bottle, YOU are breaking the LAW.  SHE is breaking the law just "sharing" with you.

I bet she's not even getting them legally, since she has enough to "share" regularly.

Congratuations!  You are part of an illegal prescription drug ring!

Quoting LoveMyLos:

wouldnt share it with anyone else!

Quoting RiotousDigits:

awesome... just awesome.  maybe you two can share a cell?

Quoting LoveMyLos:

i usually take 1 or 2 ibuprofin 800's in the morning. i get them from my friend.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Guess thats why some abuse them. Never been "high" in my life wouldnt know what in the world that would feel like. Thank you for your reply.

Quoting Anonymous:

Some people get"high" like coke gives some people energy! Others of course need to sleep! The opiate in pain killers triggers the receipters in the brain differently thats all

Quoting Anonymous:

Bump wanna know how they get energy from pain pills

Chuckydoodle
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:46 AM

I don't like the feeling I get from Tramadol 

Quoting Anonymous:

I take hydro and tramadol. I can do alot of stuff and feel good doing it!

Mrs.Worthen
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I use music to get me in the cleaning mood. Nothing like dancing while you're doing the dishes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)