Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You're ABUSING your child!! *ETA*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 503 Replies
15 moms liked this
When you choose to have a child, you're choosing to put someone else before yourself. That means doing what is right for them even if it takes something away from you.

Therefore, if you know something is best for your child and you CHOOSE to not do it anyway, that is abuse.

Choosing to formula feed, smoke, not use car seats properly... It's all abuse.

Are there worse forms of abuse? Absolutely. Beating your kid and leaving them starving in a dark closet is worse than not breast feeding when you really are able to. OF COURSE. But that doesn't mean the lesser offenses aren't abuse also.

When you choose to do less than the best for your kid because you are placing your needs and wants before theirs, you are abusing them.

I'm so tired of hearing people on this site say, "It's MY choice because they're MY kids." What makes you think your needs and wants are more important than an innocent child's right to have the best health, safety, and happiness? Why are people fine with children simply "surviving?" What about THRIVING? That child didn't CHOOSE to be here and they don't have any control over what happens to them when they're small so treat them right.

***ETA***
I guess people aren't reading the entire post or they don't know what the word "choose" means. CHOOSING to formula feed and NOT BEING ABLE to breast feed are completely different things.

Also, instead of just saying nasty things and posting stupid pictures, why don't you give me an intelligent response as to why you think I'm so wrong? I think everyone just gets defensive when they're asked to look at their own actions and admit that they are putting their wants before their children's needs.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2012 at 2:08 PM
66 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2012 at 2:08 PM
5 moms liked this
Rolls eyes,
expectingmom071
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 2:09 PM
20 moms liked this

formula feeding is not abuse. ass hat. so im abusing my kid cause i formula feed her cause she was allergic to my milk and then after a week i stopped producing milk

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2012 at 2:09 PM
11 moms liked this

MollyJmommy
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 2:10 PM
13 moms liked this
I pray you don't have children x.x Good luck with your mental breakdown!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs_Szontagh
1 mom liked this

so because my son refused to latch on and i wasn't producing ANY milk, i abused him?

iluv2meow
25 moms liked this

in regards to formula feeding and some of your idiotic statements. Here is a bloody tampon you can play with.

outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 2:10 PM
2 moms liked this
*facepalm*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atyou
LOL!!!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 2:10 PM
2 moms liked this

sidesplittinglaughter

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)