Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ive always wondered

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
if formula babys are easier then breastfed babies? Ive heard that they sleep longer and i figure it would be quite easy to give them a bottle and hand them off to be fed by some one else or by the age of my baby (7 months) they can feed them selves. I figure it would also be a lot less worrisome (sp) to leave them to be watched. I always have a constant worry that he is going to want nothing but to nurse while Im out. And now that he isnt keen to taking bottles it worries me even more. There even has ben a few times when I needed to step out and he didnt want to take a bottle of pumped milk I left him. Is there any mommas that have formula and breastfed baby expeirence? I've also been thinking about weaning him because Im affraid that when hes older the atachment will be harder to break. I have a SIL that is 2 and 8 months and is still bf with no close end in sight she loves nursing and lifting up the other side of the shirt to watch as she pokes and pinches the other nipple. I have nothing against it but its just not for me. Anyways so any moms that have weaned around this time?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2012 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 5:26 PM

No it depends on the baby and the babies personality/issues.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2012 at 5:27 PM
Lol!!!
jonellg
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 5:28 PM

doubtful. DD and DS were FF, DD was a saint DS is still a pain in my ass.

lovinglife0682
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 5:29 PM
Actually formula can be harder on some babies tummies. I nursed until my youngest was two i would not change it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2012 at 5:29 PM

yes

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 11, 2012 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Baby waking up often to feed is actually a defense against SIDS. By overfilling their tummies with too much formula, they can fall into too deep of a sleep and not wake up.
MrsRinehart2010
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 5:32 PM

I say it depends on the child because my first was ff and my second is still breastfed. Bothmy girls have always slept all night...but when my daughter wakes  up at night she can just nures we cosleep where as my ff baby we had to get up take her to make a bottle ect

MrsJHoward
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 5:35 PM
My daughter bf till 4 mo then ff. she slept through the night and went to sleep on her own, I bf my son till 11 mo and he still wakes up at night won't go to sleep on his own and always want to play with my boobs! It drives me crazy! But I have no way of knowing if he is like this because I bf or what. Not really sure if this helps or not.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmab0629
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 5:40 PM

My son was FF fed.. he is an angel.  My daughter was BF up to 6 months, FF from 6-12, and she's a pain in my ass.  My daughter actually slept on her own through the night though.  My son was stuck in my bed till he was 3... my daughter was 1 when we moved her to her crib and she was fine sleeping alone.... so idk. lol.  All kids are different, no matter how they are fed =)

NonaScheib38
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Both my kids could switch back and forth w no tummy trouble. When I was out they were cool w bottles w breastmilk or formula, they only cared that they were being fed. I used to joke that I could probably put their formula or breastmilk in a puzzle box and they'd still get at it. I mostly bf until they were about 4 to 5 months. Then had no prob switching to formula and baby cereal. My first was sleeping thru the night by 2 months, and my 2nd was sleeping mostly thru the night by 4 or 5. My second was a Lil more of a mommas boy tho, while my dd was more independent.

A friend of mine had a lot of trouble tho, so it depends on the baby. She had to exclusively bf for almost a year because her baby accepted nothing else until she was ready for all solid foods. Her baby would only sleep when cosleeping, and when she did finally try to get her to sleep alone she would only sleep on her tummy (not something id suggest). So she had a very clingy baby!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)