Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Excited to be on WIC *EDIT*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 150 Replies
2 moms liked this
We just had a baby and my husband has a son that we have shared custody with, my husband is currently only one thats working and we need all the help we can get. I'm essatic to have this assistance for my family!

** For those that want to call me a loser and say Im raping your wallets, yadda yadda yadda, heres what I have to say to you - Im not a loser for getting help for my family. My husband works 60+ hours a week, he pays his taxes just as well as everyone else. I had a job while pregnant, but I was put on bedrest so i was unable to keep my job. I still have a part time seasonal job that I have had for 12 years. When Im ready to return, i will. Ive worked no less then two jobs at a time to support my self. I've paid my taxes like everyone other working American. Im NOT sorry that im not in a rush to ship my 12 day old son off to a daycare that we are ultimately unable to afford and have a stranger raise my son. It seems pointless to me to work only to make enough to pay for daycare. I would rather spend time getting to know and bonding with my newborn in these early weeks of his life.

Im not abusing the system, im not living off the government. Theres programs such as Wic to help familys for a reason, and im happy and grateful to have that help.

As for breast feeding. In the hospital i worked with the lactation consultants for the entire 4 days we was there. My son wouldn't latch for anything. Im STILL trying at home to get him to latch. Im also pumping, but it isnt nearly enough to feed my son. His pediatrician told me to supplement with formula. I have been taking fenugreek, but its still not uping my supply. I already feel horrible for not being able to provide milk for my son, so the comments from the "holier than tho moms" aren't necessary about me giving my son formula. But thanks for the concern :)

Also at his weight check this AM he has gained back all his birth weight plus 5 oz. :) formula very well may have saved my sons life :-D and i couldn't be happier.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:54 PM
That's great I'm glad u can get the help you need :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Woohoo! Free puss milk for all!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Thanks! its gonna help so much. We have never had any kind of government assistance but we both figured it was best to do it untill im able to work again.

Quoting lauren.m:

That's great I'm glad u can get the help you need :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:58 PM
Why dont you work?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Must be nice, it sucks buying milk but, I guess that's what we have to do when we have kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Awesome!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I am at a shelter now, waiting on them to take me to apply. I need copies of my social security card and me and the kids birth certificates, but I hope I get all I can for help right now!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:59 PM
I just gave birth to my son 10 days ago and during my pregnancy i was on bedrest.
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:59 PM
4 moms liked this
Kids don't need milk.

Quoting Anonymous:

Must be nice, it sucks buying milk but, I guess that's what we have to do when we have kids.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Wic was good for us when we had it. Its a good thing to have sonetims
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)