Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To the mommies who smoke.....

Posted by   + Show Post

When did you start? Why did you start? Haven't the ads about cancer and pictures of black lungs and the fact that you are shortening you life expectancy, and in essence taking yourself away from your child/children? It seems interesting to me and I would like to know your reasons. Not looking down on you just curious.

by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Replies (671-680):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Too bad you don't look like your mom lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Did you swipe mommy's cigs off her?

So adorable! :)

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Too bad you don't look like your mom lol

Aww to bad your eyes are so shitty you can't read or see the computer screen!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:34 AM

started at 14.. i just dont stop.. cant be assed

studentteach
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I have quit several times in my life. I have never smoked when I was pregnant. But I always go back to it. Usually stress triggers the need for a smoke. When My baby daughter died, I started again. Then quit after a year, but now that me and my husband are not getting along I have started again, and probably smoke more than I ever have before.

I know that smoking is bad for me, my kids, it smells and is a gross habit but so is becoming and alcoholic or pulling the hair out of my head. I don't like to smoke I need to smoke. I can't afford therapy, so I smoke.

jlocsgirl
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Rude much!? Here's your answer. "It's none of your damn business Miss High and Mighty!" 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:22 PM

jessi2girls

just because your mom makes stupid decisions to doesn't mean that they are OK. So she may look good for her age but you cant see cancer.  Did she smoke while breastfeeding you, is that why you do it? But I guess there is some reason why you can do it and it doesn't affect your baby isn't there. You are such an idiot.

AlilKittyKat
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:51 PM

I started smoking when I was 13/14 yo (I guess because It was the thing to do) and smoked until I was about 21, when I quit cold turkey because I was TTC.  That last for about 5 years, until my ExH and I separated, unfortunately I started again due to stress and smoked on and off for another 8yrs.  I quit again cold turkey about 9 months ago and I have not had any cravings or slips this time around.  I say this time around because I had tried to quit numerous times, but I was obviously just not ready yet.  I was not happy with my smoking, i was embarrassed by it actually, but I also did not want to hear what anyone said either.  It would piss me off to hear someone tell me that smoking causes cancer and blah blah blah, don't you think smokers know that already??  Hell I lost both my maternal grandmother and my mother to breast cancer, so I felt like a complete asshole for smoking, but until I was ready, it was not going to happen.  I finally quit on the 2nd anniversary of my mother's death and it worked that time around.  My point is, of course smokers know the risks of smoking, but by people coming at them, it is not going to help them quit, they will quit if or when they are ready.

happinessforyou
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Why do fat people eat at McDonalds??? They don't think it will ever happen to THEM!

betsy070473
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:15 PM
Anyone who smokes while pregnant or smokes around kids obviously doesn't care about anything but their own addiction. So many health risks. You might think you have escaped the harmful side effects of smoking but it will catch up with you someday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)