Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I will highly encourage that my children live in "sin".

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:37 AM
  • 66 Replies
8 moms liked this

I want my children to live with their partners before getting married. I truly believe it would cut down on divorces if you live with your partner first, for a good 2 years BEFORE getting married.

I also want my children to have sex with said partner before getting married as well.

It is so much easier to break a lease, then get divorced when you realize that you are living with the wrong person.

I don't want them to feel the need to get married young because they want these experiences and then realize their mistake.

I feel very lucky that my husband and I have made it to 9 years and are going strong. We were married at 21, neither of us had lived with another person and it was a hard first few years getting to know each other in a completely new way.

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Miller11
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:40 AM
6 moms liked this

well thats nice.

I will encourage my kids to make smart, responsible choices that they feel is best for them, however I will not influence them to make choices that fit my beliefs.

But everyone is different, so if that works for your family, go for it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Well if it worked for you why couldn't it work for them? Part of a marriage is learning how to give and take and work problems out, it makes you stronger as a couple. Insisting they live in sin is just giving them an out instead of having them keep a commitment.
orangeillusion
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:47 AM
3 moms liked this
Go right ahead and do that. I will not because I like the box I'm putting them in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Well if it worked for you why couldn't it work for them? Part of a marriage is learning how to give and take and work problems out, it makes you stronger as a couple. Insisting they live in sin is just giving them an out instead of having them keep a commitment.

It worked for my and my husband but I've seen so many of my friends end up in horrible marriages because they rushed in to the marriage. They rushed in because they wanted to live together and have sex but they were told it wasn't okay outside of marriage. =(

I don't want that for my children.

xXxLillithxXx
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:59 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree with you completely. In this day and age the mindset around marriage and relationships is completely different than it was ages ago. Living with my sons dad was probably the smartest thing I ever did. Otherwise we may be married today actually we'd be divorced today and he'd have way more priveledges to my kid than I'd like. I lived with my husband for 2 years before we married. People are always asking me "Hows married life?" Well its exactly the same as it was before only now we can file taxes together and share a last name.

shyanntech
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Well hubby and i lived toghater for about 2 years you could say.. He would come to town for the weekend and stay at my place. then we did move into his house about 9 mos before we got marred.. we are going to be 10 years marred 2 kids later July 20th this year.. :) it worked for us.. But we where also freinds in high school and hung out alot back in high school..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:59 AM
That's sad
atyou
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:00 AM
I agree with you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sammyze
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Your kids, your decision. Mine is different. One of the most beautiful weddings I've ever attended was for friends of ours, in which the couple exchanged their purity rings for wedding rings. They are quite happily married now, with two beautiful kids. I don't think it's necessary to cohabitate before marriage; my understanding is this statistically increases the chance of divorce. Ultimately, it comes down to each ones commitment, I think. Marriage can be very difficult. It helps to be stubborn in the right way, lol. :-)

KitT.Kat
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:01 AM
6 moms liked this

I definitely don't want my kids to be virgins when they get married. I think it's a terrible idea. Let them be adults with a full of understanding of their own bodies and minds before they decide to make that kind of committment.

Oh, and because I know I'll get shit for that, you're all welcome to pray for me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN