Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm eating with my sn ds and a woman made a rude comment!

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm at the hospital cafe and having lunch inbetween appointments with my special needs son. He has some social issues and fine motor issues.
Some lady at a table near us finished her lunch and as she passed by put her hand on my shoulder and said "you really should teach your son better table manners dear"
I'm fuming!!
I didn't even say anything to her because 1) I was so shocked and 2) I don't want to make a big thing in front of my son.
But boy am I mad!
Why can't people just mind their damn business???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Replies (51-60):
Jennifer_57
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I like you lol. I always gawk at babies apparently, my SO notices but it is because I always find adorable quirks about them. I hope people in your situation notice the difference lol..anonymous is just trying to ruffle some feathers

Quoting Mamie_85:

My 6 year old has very poor motor skills, and verbal skills. He works hard trying to control his fork and speak like everyone else. He's in therapy every day at school for both.

You, ma'am need to educate yourself.

You have NO IDEA how heartbreaking it is to see your child struggle through a meal, only to end up with food on his face. Or to refuse to eat because women like YOU are starring in disgust. You've never had to hold your crying child because someone asked if he was "r*tarded" when they couldn't communicate.

My son is NOT stupid. He sees your glares and knows why.

Do us all a favor, don't go in public until YOU can control yourself.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would have done the same. If they can't act right dont bring them out. I dont want to see nasty table manners

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 3:07 PM
I would have told her she needs to learn manners too. It's rude to put your nose where it doesn't belong, carry on lady!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherrywaves21
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 3:07 PM
Props to you! I can't keep my mouth shut. Not to steal your post but my son is 4 months old and we went out to eat. He was making cute baby noise nothing loud or obnoxious. We were sitting with our backs to a family. Their daughter ( 3ish) refused to stay seated ( told her to sit at least 30x) wouldn't eat unless fed and spoken to like a baby( I thought she might be delayed but they were talking about how she acts right for the teacher but not them)

I was getting annoyed just because it was the same shit over and over. Well she seen little man and wanted to stare. Her dad told her to sit and she said but I can see the baby. He then said don't worry you'll be able to hear him ( in a snotty ass tone). I turned and looked at and said at least my son knows how to behave in public at 4 months and your daughter is how old?

The point is people are stupid fucks. I would've asked her if her mama taught her how not to be bitch?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumbosauce
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow. This stuff never happens to me. You reacted better than I would have.

This

TasteOfCollapse
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Should've stabbed her hand with a fork when she touched your shoulder. I personally can't stand people doing crap like that. I really wish people would just mind their own damn business and stop assuming. you shouldve told her the real reason.so.that she'd realize how much of a dumbass she is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Stupid can always be fixed...

With a gun.

Quoting bmw29:

Just ignore her. She can't help it, you just can't fix stupid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TasteOfCollapse
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 3:18 PM
Haha good comeback! What did the guy say after that? Or did he realize he just got put in his place and zipped it? Lol

Quoting cherrywaves21:

Props to you! I can't keep my mouth shut. Not to steal your post but my son is 4 months old and we went out to eat. He was making cute baby noise nothing loud or obnoxious. We were sitting with our backs to a family. Their daughter ( 3ish) refused to stay seated ( told her to sit at least 30x) wouldn't eat unless fed and spoken to like a baby( I thought she might be delayed but they were talking about how she acts right for the teacher but not them)

I was getting annoyed just because it was the same shit over and over. Well she seen little man and wanted to stare. Her dad told her to sit and she said but I can see the baby. He then said don't worry you'll be able to hear him ( in a snotty ass tone). I turned and looked at and said at least my son knows how to behave in public at 4 months and your daughter is how old?

The point is people are stupid fucks. I would've asked her if her mama taught her how not to be bitch?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandee1503
by Amanda on Apr. 12, 2012 at 3:27 PM
I'm so sorry! I would have been rude back. I can imagine the looks and whispers we get now and ds is only 17 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tifbrown
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Um wow! I would fume too. But, take into account the ignorance of people. She may not have realized your son had a condition. 

super_mom_5
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 3:31 PM

some people cant accept handicap when they see one. i personally love seeing parents out with their special needs kids. you dont see it very often. i would just ignore her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN