Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you let a stranger...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

hold your baby in the restroom?

we went to eat on Easter Sunday...my son had to go to the restroom (he is young) so I took him and was just standing in the restroom waiting for him.  A Mom came in with her daughter and infant son...the little girl had on a cute Easter dress- the Mom says "do you need me to help you hold it up" and she said she did.  So I asked the Mom if she'd like for me to hold the baby for  her.  She said "sure if you don't mind."  I said "no not at all"                 So I just held the baby while the Mom helped the girl.  They finished before my son and she said thanks and then proceeded to change the baby.

anywho, I don't know that I would let someone off the street hold my child like that?  just wondering if others would like she did?

would you ask (offer to help) if you could hold the baby like I did?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:19 PM
Replies (31-40):
jonellg
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:37 PM

nope

kiralyn
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:40 PM
Nope.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:40 PM

If my DD needed my assistance on the toilet and I had a baby in my hands of course I'd allow it if offered. How else would I tend to my DD?

Of course that's why a stroller always went into the bathroom with me. :P

MrsJHoward
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:53 PM
Yup! :-). I would have probably let you hold my kid to. But if you looked like a crack head most likely not! Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrsJHoward:

I would offer but not be offended if they said no. Sometimes you just get a feeling that the person is good or not.

I'm a good person  :)        plus my son was there?  she knew I was a Mom

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Quoting MrsJHoward:

Yup! :-). I would have probably let you hold my kid to. But if you looked like a crack head most likely not! Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrsJHoward:

I would offer but not be offended if they said no. Sometimes you just get a feeling that the person is good or not.

we had just come from church...so I was looking pretty good- although I did have capri pants on  LOL  and I still have a 80's hairstyle

MrsJHoward
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:56 PM
Lol, your to funny!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrsJHoward:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrsJHoward:

we had just come from church...so I was looking pretty good- although I did have capri pants on  LOL  and I still have a 80's hairstyle

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fairyjester
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:57 PM

not just no HELL NO

starryeyez23
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:57 PM
Nope. I don't trust strangers enough to let them hold my kid! I am way to scared of kidnapping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:58 PM

I wouldn't offer nor would I let my someone hold my baby, well maybe I would offer.

JoLee12345
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:58 PM

I have and would again offer to help! And yes, I have allowed a stranger to hold my child! I am not super afraid! Especially since I have always been in view of the person!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)