Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Nope. You are just a bad parent!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I will say that I think this every time I see a misbehaving child in public. A child screaming for things or running around like crazy. The screaming is annoying alone, but the chanting of "I want! I want!" grates my nerves. Please read a parenting book. Stop making excuses, too. I have 5 kids. None of them did that more than once and I ended the behavior immediately. My kids can even go to a toy section and we leave it without complaints. They might point out something they want for a holiday, but I dont get the tantrum. My oldest is Autistic. My second has ADHD. Its called parenting. Learn it for your child's sake. Make excuses now for him/her and be prepared to make them forever. Oh, and I wont be the woman glaring at you in the super market while me and my 5 pass your tantrum child and the candy. I will smile sweet and you will think I have been there before. But know that my 5 (7 to newborn) wont throw a fit when I tell them no candy today. You will be on my mind while I wonder why so many cant parent their kids in this society. That is my confession today. I am the kind looking one thinking that you stink at parenting.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Replies (31-40):
lordkanarven
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:57 PM
2 moms liked this

My favorite thisng my mom has ever said was "we don't negotiate with children or terrorist."

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:57 PM

I might have been inclined to agree with you... back when i only had two kids.   My first was simple, she just never threw a fit.   My second screamed a little as an infant, but very rarely after that.   

My third....  she taught me new things as a parent.   At 5 months, when she first was learning to sit up, she would get angry because I didn't pick her up, didn't give her what she wanted, etc.... and she'd lean forward and intentionally bang her head on the floor while screaming.   Tell me really... how do you prevent a 5 month old from that type of behavior???

LOL!   Anyway, she has had to have a FIRM hand.... trust me...   Because she really has a hard time controlling her anger.  I have to really control her.    She's four now, and I still have to march her to her room the instant she starts screaming.   But i will say, she rarely gives me problems out in public now.   She doesn't scream for a toy, throw herself on the ground, hit kick, bite, etc.... but she lately has started talking back... something her siblings wouldn't have done at that age.

capricornuandme
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope your just a judgemental bitch!

I second that. Not the bitch part but ya, you are pretty judgemental.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:00 PM
7 moms liked this

Thank god this is Cafemom and not real life, so your opinion only matters enough for me to make this comment.

chotovec82
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I have a 6, 4, and almost 2 yr old. They are not perfect children. Usually they do not misbehave. In fact I will say that 95% of the time they are great in public. However they do have an occasional melt down or tantrum. I don't care what you think about me or mine. Your kids are not perfect and neither are you. You have no idea about my kids or me and our back story. You have no idea if my children are normal or not. I don't think ti's shitty parenting just because their kids have a tantrum. Some kids are just high maintenance. Get over yourself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Very judgemental
BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Whatever.

You shouldnt make such a harsh judgement based on seeing a stranger for a few seconds to minutes in the store. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:02 PM
9 moms liked this
Your kids never act up, never argue, never get mad? So how did you turn them into little stepford children? My kids have personalities. 90% of the time. They behave just fine in public, but occassionally they will have a bad day or a melt down. It happens. Occassionally I have a bad day and get stressed out, or mad. It's called being human. I actually feel sorry for those children who follow their paren around afraid to touch anything or complain or raise their voice. They are kids. They are supposed to act up an misbehave on occasion. It's not normal for children to be "perfect".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:03 PM
3 moms liked this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:05 PM
The third is always a pistol. I know because I was the third. LOL

Quoting KrissyKC:

I might have been inclined to agree with you... back when i only had two kids.   My first was simple, she just never threw a fit.   My second screamed a little as an infant, but very rarely after that.   

My third....  she taught me new things as a parent.   At 5 months, when she first was learning to sit up, she would get angry because I didn't pick her up, didn't give her what she wanted, etc.... and she'd lean forward and intentionally bang her head on the floor while screaming.   Tell me really... how do you prevent a 5 month old from that type of behavior???

LOL!   Anyway, she has had to have a FIRM hand.... trust me...   Because she really has a hard time controlling her anger.  I have to really control her.    She's four now, and I still have to march her to her room the instant she starts screaming.   But i will say, she rarely gives me problems out in public now.   She doesn't scream for a toy, throw herself on the ground, hit kick, bite, etc.... but she lately has started talking back... something her siblings wouldn't have done at that age.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)