Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

NEED ANSWERS PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 89 Replies

Well my husband has officially pulled me away from all of my family and friends besides 2 girlfriends and he is working on 1 of them already... He has done this over the past 6 years very slowly..

Oh and I did I mention he made me lose my job this week... I do homecare my client was family and well he chased that on off as well. SO no job... But I still recieve alittle over a grand a month from a settlement years before I met him..

Okay with that said I want him out... I have made him step up and get a job since he wants to act like this well he is of course is taking his sweet butt time and basically is going to make me spend all my money that is for me and my children on maintaining him and this house.. I have 2 special needed children so I need to keep them in school and it would just make more sense that he left rather then me having to pack up and leave. 

But he won't.... So here in the state I am in I can't hire a lawyer that is starting 2 grand..

when you are married and have a child and one party is not going to consent to a divorce or refuses to sign they require you to get a lawyer..

SO how do I make him leave legally without hiring a lawyer...

I was thinking or restraining order but what is the basis?

He is currently driving my only vehicle the other one is broken down he has made me lose over and over again,and if I put the restraining order on him and he just so happens to have my vehicle I am not 10 miles out of town and carless until I fix my car..  My other option is leaving in June when my children are on spring break. I am also looking into maybe a hotel room.. But I am sure that is going to cost me astronomical...

Any advice, input?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:31 AM

BUMP!

mom2b116
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:35 AM

you dont have to tell me what town , but if you can tell me which state i might be able to help . my sister works in a legal aide office .

i can ask her some things

jb0520
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:36 AM
When do you ever have access top the car?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:45 AM
2 moms liked this

my suggestion is leave with the car then get the restraining order

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:51 AM

NM

Quoting mom2b116:

you dont have to tell me what town , but if you can tell me which state i might be able to help . my sister works in a legal aide office .

i can ask her some things

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:53 AM

umm late evenings he is either running around doing odd jobs or in school.. I am afraid they will serve him and let him keep the only rnning vehicle until court... If I wait a couple weeks I can fix the other car and make him drive the other car. 

Quoting jb0520:

When do you ever have access top the car?

specialwingz
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this

You can't get a restraining order unless you can prove you and/or your children are in imminent danger.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Where do I go.. A hotel weekly rate is outrageous.

Quoting Anonymous:

my suggestion is leave with the car then get the restraining order

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Yeah I have to have a great reason to make it stick...

Quoting specialwingz:

You can't get a restraining order unless you can prove you and/or your children are in imminent danger.

JuliaWoods99
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:56 AM
BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)