Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Fell In Love Via An Internet Romance WIth A Man I've Never Met or Even Seen A Pic Of!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 103 Replies

We met in a chat room online. His intelligence and wit caught my attention. We were soon talking every evening for at least 2 hours and sometimes up to 4 or 5 hours. I was a single woman who was married to her career and went home at night to my dog and empty house.

Somtimes it was purely conversation (very deep much of the time), sometimes we would play online games, and sometimes we engaged in internet sex. We did this for 2 years and rarely missed a night. He saw pics and webcam video of me but he was extremely private and I never once saw a pic of him. He made it clear from the beginning that we would never meet and though I told him I was fine with that, I eventually fell in love with him.

However, I knew he was serious and unrelenting in his insistance that it never become a "real" relationship, so I dated and did eventually met and marry. I am in love with my husband and we have a good life, but I believe this man is my soulmate and still think of him. In fact, we are still in sporadic contact, keeping updated on each other's lives.  I have known him for 13 years now.  If he knocked on my front door and I answered it, I wouldn't know it was him, since I have no idea what he looks like. What are your thoughts on this?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:30 PM
6 moms liked this

People show you what they want to show you on line.  For all you know it was a woman.  

starryeyez23
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:32 PM
3 moms liked this
I would think there is a reason "he" isn't showing you who he is. If he is even a man, he is probably married with children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Crazyness.......... Pure crazyness
atyou
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:33 PM
So did I. We're now married and have two beautiful children together. I loved him before I met him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SharonHernandez
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:34 PM

why is he so private is what I want to know? like why did he not want to meet with you in person or ever send you a picture of himself. Did you ever ask to see what he looks like?

she_walk_softly
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:36 PM
....I don't know.I would call him/her a pen pal not a soul mate.Likely there is Something about the mystery online person that is very not real .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkik526
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:36 PM
good question. OP I was wondering this too.

Quoting SharonHernandez:

why is he so private is what I want to know? like why did he not want to meet with you in person or ever send you a picture of himself. Did you ever ask to see what he looks like?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gum.drop
1 mom liked this
Sooo a single working mom with 4-5 hours to chat online.... Lol...;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JuliaWoods99
Crazy

SharonHernandez
1 mom liked this

I started dating my daughter's dad before I ever knew what he looked like. I just fell in love with his personality. We would talk on the phone forever, and I just really ended up liking him.

Quoting atyou:

So did I. We're now married and have two beautiful children together. I loved him before I met him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)