Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should there be a limit on how many kids you can have?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies

Whats up with so many women having numerous kids and they can't support them?  Do you think its right that someone will get food stamps, free medical, free housing and continue to pop out kids?  I don't think its right to have as many kids as you want if you can't afford them.  What do you think?

Wow!  Guess I picked a sore subject.  It may be a "yawn" or "dead horse" to some of you.  But unfortunately it is a REAL problem.  I am not someone that applied for services and was turned down.  I work in social services and see it every day.  I guess the negative responses I've heard on here are just another sign of how complacent everyone is about the issue. I'm all for helping people out when they are in a tough spot but the "I'm entitled" attitude is everywhere.   Why take care of yourself when someone else will do it for you?  Sorry if it hit a little close to home for some of you!!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 13, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 13, 2012 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Dead horse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 13, 2012 at 6:51 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't think anymore because it just hurts my head.
Kchellejones330
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think that it's right, no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Worthen
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 6:53 PM
This is what I think too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Dead horse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyrustina
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this
It is beyond dead horse at this point. Dead platypus too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Dead horse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 13, 2012 at 7:04 PM

The majority of people on assistance only have one child, so your argument doesn't hold water.

I am on assistance, and I don't receive free health care or free housing.  I only have one child.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 13, 2012 at 7:05 PM

The OP is just jealous because she applied for welfare for her and her numerous kids and was denied.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 13, 2012 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope.  The government can stay out of our bedrooms... or kitchen counters, or washing machines...or wherever trips your sexy trigger. ;)

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Apr. 13, 2012 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this

if you can't support them, don't have them

Lizz2011
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I don't think people should continue to have numerous children if they can't afford them. But I don't think there is anything wrong with having 1 child or even 2, especially if they are disabled and that is why they are unable to work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)