Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think I have no sexual orientation

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Title says it all. I'm not physically, mentally, or emotionally attracted to my husband anymore, the thought of being with another man or a woman sickens me. I've thought this for 3 years now. Has anyone ever heard of this?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 13, 2012 at 7:48 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:36 PM
It's been 3 years that I've thought I could just not have an orientation. Before then it was just "denial." I thought how I felt was normal and that I'd just get used to it overtime. I'm 38 and have been married 22 years, and I'm not "used" to it like I thought I would be.

I've only been with DH and ive never found other men attractive.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, if it's something "new" -- you said 3 years, it may be situational, just related to not being attracted to your husband, or maybe hormonal or something. 

Were you attracted to men in the past? Might want to see a doc. No, seriously... maybe there is something that is a little off in your body. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:37 PM
No.

Quoting alwayskk:

Did you EVER feel sexual?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:38 PM
He doesn't know that I feel this way. In his eyes he just thinks we're drifting apart because of taking care of kids and everyday life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Might want to see a sex therapist. Maybe you have some sort of hang-up about sex that you're not realizing. How does your husband feel about it? It's not good if your needs are severely out of sync. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I only got married because it was the "norm" thing to do. I'm from a small religious Texas town where girls would get married and have kids fairly young. I thought eventually my feelings would change. My dh is a good man. He's a great father. I feel the same way about having sex-I felt it was an obligation and what I was supposed to do, like or not. And it gave me my kids, and that's really the only time I felt ok about it.

Quoting Aislinn:

I would go get my blood checked. You could have a hormone imbalance. Did you ever like sex? Were you ever attracted to your husband? If you say yes, I doubt your orientation has changed. Your hormones have. Good luck!

alwayskk
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

No.

Quoting alwayskk:

Did you EVER feel sexual?

Ah, okay. I was just wondering. It sounded like you did feel attracted to your husband at some point. Typically, people who are asexual feel that way from birth. You could very well be asexual. There is an asexual society group, you might be able to google it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:40 PM
I was asking for advice or suggestions, not for bitches like you to post a useless reply.

Quoting Anonymous:

we care because?? no need to post about your private life on here

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

I was asking for advice or suggestions, not for bitches like you to post a useless reply.

Quoting Anonymous:

you're a bigger bitch than i am

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:48 PM
I feel like we've had a great friendship over a marriage in my eyes. He's an amazing guy, it's hard to find any as good as him these days. Sex is just so iffy for me...he can make my body love it, I've had no issues orgasming the past 20+ years we've had sex together, it just seems like my mind just isn't intuned to what my body feels. I've always just tuned out what's going on and my mind can go on to other places, or even just go blank just to tune out what's happening. Thinking about sex and it happening just makes me feel sick. I feel disgusted just kissing. He hasn't ever thought there was a problem, I'd give in a couple nights a week and the rest of the time, I'd make up excuses not to do anything. I just lie and say I have a low sex drive instead of not having one at all.

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

How's your overall relationship with your husband?  How has sex been with him during your time together? Have you ever enjoyed sex in the past, have you ever had issues orgasming? If you did have enjoyable sex at some point, how often were you having it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:49 PM
Cool story bro. Arguing on an advice post is cool and all but I think I'll stay out of it. Have a great day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

you're a bigger bitch than i am

sweetmamaa89
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:51 PM
I saw this on strange sex it's only like 1% of the world feels that way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmcandmmh
by Michelle on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Go see a councelor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN