Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you let your child run wild in restaurants?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies

I was out last night at a very posh restaurant, Denny's. Yes, I know, high class. We were seating way in the back, I mean WAY, like you could see the section unless you rounded a corner. My sis had her 2 month old and her 2 yr old. I had my 7,10, 15 yr olds. My 2 yr old nephew proceeded to climb the mountain of high chairs and bounce on booths. This particluar Dennys had a long booth running the entire back length of the place. My nephew gets on it and starts running back and forth singing Wheels on the Bus. I helped wrangle him as did my older kids but my sis was content to let him run alond the booth...

I know she is a "Waldorf" parent so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with her acceptance of his debauchery. I just can't remember my kids ever doing that crap. What says you?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marchantmom06
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:17 PM
What is a Waldorf parent?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1boy1girlmama
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:19 PM

NO!!

xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Never. And I second PPs question.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:19 PM
I can't fucking stand ppl that let their kids run around in restaurants!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:19 PM
No, I would not allow my children to act that way. At 3 & 2 they know they are to behave or we will leave.
M.alaya
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:20 PM
Never!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:20 PM
I don't but my sil does and its horrible!! We never tell her when we're going out so we wont have to deal with it
SunshneDaydream
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids are obnoxious in restaurants sometimes...and my husband and I grab their arms and "whisper yell" at them to sit down and act like a good kid or we're leaving.  And we probably get evil looks from other diners like we're mean parents (don't know, cause we coudnl't care less).  Seems like people don't want kids to act crazy, but they also don't want parents to discipline them if they do.  

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:22 PM
2 moms liked this

I would spank my kids asses if they acted like that in public

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

yeah it's the damned if you do and damned if you don't

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

My kids are obnoxious in restaurants sometimes...and my husband and I grab their arms and "whisper yell" at them to sit down and act like a good kid or we're leaving.  And we probably get evil looks from other diners like we're mean parents (don't know, cause we coudnl't care less).  Seems like people don't want kids to act crazy, but they also don't want parents to discipline them if they do.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN