Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All of my daughters will have an arranged marriage, ask me anything.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Just not my screen name lol 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 13, 2012 at 9:09 PM
Replies (231-240):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:42 PM
3 moms liked this

I disagree with this. I love that I got to pick my husband and fall in love. I think that you are setting them up to live lives they have no say in. Honestly I pity them. Sounds like you and your husband are control freaks.

mom2b116
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:48 PM

not something i would do to my daughter  but i understand it .

i had a  friend who was going to be in a arranged marriage and i thought it was crazy until her family  help me understand it , i learned its not some radom dude they find on a coroner

in many cases its someone the parents or someone has known for the boys whole life , in my friends case the aunt had known the boy since he was 4 years old , she knew his whole history  not just wat the man wanted them to know

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM

I saw in your replies your in a club, and know people at church,and friends who are willing, this to me sounds like a cult not a club.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I saw in your replies your in a club, and know people at church,and friends who are willing, this to me sounds like a cult not a club.

It's not a cult lol the group we meet with is just a group of friends really. We don't focus on anything religious.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:53 AM

No. Not at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

Eww it's not one where you hook you 15 with a 55 year old is it?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PhoenixsMommy10:

Do you have an arranged marriage? Where do you live? How do you plan on finding a man that will go along with that?

No. We live in the US. We are part of a club that has many eligble men lol plus we know people through church and friends who are willing. 

mitchiesgirl
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:54 AM
Are you Mormon?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Worthen
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Why?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Worthen
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:56 AM
What does that have to do with it? Mormons dot have arranged marriages!

Quoting mitchiesgirl:

Are you Mormon?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acaisha
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:56 AM

I could never pick my sons wives.. no woman will ever be good enough for me lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:57 AM
I feel sorry for your girls! That us so sad and ridiculous! They should be able to chose their own life partner. I am so glad that we Americans do not have this ridiculous and stupid tradition! You should be ashamed of yourself! I wouldn't want to have sex and children with someone just because my parents said that's who I had to be with! I'm glad we have the freedom here to say fuck that bullshit!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PurpleGlitter84:

Why wouldn't you want to give your daughters the choice to marry someone they're in love with.

Because I want the best life for them. Many people love the person they marry even if it's arranged. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured