Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I agree with her...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
The mom that said she is arranging marriages for daughters....I think it's awesome!

My girls will be raised in a similar fashion. They will be taught that dating is inappropriate and will not be allowed to do so.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Replies (21-30):
baquick
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Might as well. Lol!

Quoting cutebaby06:

Do they have to ask permission to look at each other?

Quoting baquick:

Yes and no... It more strict like asking parents permission for everything, going out with a supervisor to make sure nothing sexual happens, only going to public events etc.

Quoting Baby8901:

Isn't "courting" the same as dating?

Quoting Anonymous:

No, they will court the man if interested.

Quoting Baby8901:

Wow. Ok.

So you just want them to meet someone and say "my mommy won't allow me to date so let's just get married"

Then he ends up beating the shit out of her.

Greeeeeaaaaat

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Then that would be dealt with. I hope the values I plan to teach them mean something.

Quoting mstevens10:

We're you raised that way? What if they rebel against you or date behind your back ?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:37 AM
We're Christians

Quoting baquick:

Is it your religion or culture?
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:37 AM
I also agree. We will be doing this with our kids, but not in te same way as that OP!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Yep

Quoting baquick:

Yes and no... It more strict like asking parents permission for everything, going out with a supervisor to make sure nothing sexual happens, only going to public events etc.

Quoting Baby8901:

Isn't "courting" the same as dating?

Quoting Anonymous:

No, they will court the man if interested.

Quoting Baby8901:

Wow. Ok.

So you just want them to meet someone and say "my mommy won't allow me to date so let's just get married"

Then he ends up beating the shit out of her.

Greeeeeaaaaat

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:40 AM
If that is what you feel is right go for it. It's not what I would do but everyone is different.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Didn't the duggers oldest son do this with his now wife?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:41 AM

I grew up with a family like this.  They had three girls and not only did they not let them date but they controlled EVERYTHING these girls did in a very strict way.  The oldest never had even one piece of candy until we were about 12.  They were not allowed to use a roll of toliet paper in the bathroom(up until they were teenagers).  Their mother had to "dispense" it for them each time they had to go.  Anyway, my point is that the girl that was my age had died already.  She went to college and seriously went crazy.  She got into so much trouble.  She drank soda for the first time but too bad it was mixed with Rum.  Oh she rebelled bad.  She got pregnant and got an abortion without telling her parents anything.  Then she got  pregnant again, only this time she didn't have the chance to abort this one.  Her parents found out when she was pregnant and snorted too much herion.  I'm sorry but treating your kids like they are not human beings this is what you get.  I don't want my kids to treat me like she did her parents and hide and be scared to tell me things.  Although, I plan to raise kids with enough sense not to get pregnant to get someone pregnant .  Not saying that they won't do it and if it would happen they would know what to do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Yep! :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

Didn't the duggers oldest son do this with his now wife?
michelle_e_hays
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:42 AM

whoa.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)