Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i dont think child support should be court ordered

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
IF the parents are not married. The woman always has the choice whether or not to abort and the dad is just stuck for 18 years paying for a child and taking away from his real family ..the one he WANTS..and i am on the womans end. I had a child at 18. His dad begged me to have an abortion even though we had been together since we were 15. I refused. So even though he has stayed in his life i am extremely lax on him. If he doesnt have cs then i dont bug him for it. He pays when he wants and sees him when he wants. I married my now hubby when he was 2.he has always taken care of him as his own. Along with the 3 we have together. Now if the parents are married and BOTH decide to have a child together than he should be responsible also. My huband who has raised him has assumed all responsibility for him and we actually separated for a while several years ago for 6 months. and he was the one who continued to support him. When he needed something i called him..granted we were working our marriage out..had we divorced i would not have expected that from him...i know some bashers will say..if he doesnt want the responsibility then dont fuck but im saying it goes both w ays. If you dont want to raise a child on ur own..than be more choosy who spread ur legs for..ultimately its not fair to the man who has no choices after the child is conceived. Women should never be forced to have an abortion and men should never be forced unwillingly into the huge debt if cs

EDIT..if you believe that a mans options end at conception than WHY oh WHY does the womans options remain..abortion AND adoption. Does she have to pay cs to the family who adopts her baby?..not one person has given one single reason why a woman should have options with an unwanted pregnancy and a man should not. A woman who gives her baby up is not even looked down on but viewed as brave..why such the double standard???..
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:25 PM
Replies (31-40):
bellanoelsmom
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:48 PM
How about when the guy wants a child but they are not married. Your opinion all knowing one?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gastromama2007
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this
What the shit are you rambling about?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyBugs
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:49 PM
That's a tough one for me...all the dead beat dads out there are getting a free pass while single moms struggle...not fair...while it is a double standard its life...he could have just as easily not had sex so both parties should be held responsible for raising the child...but then again I may be bias because my kids have a dead beat who doesn't see them..call or pay child support in over 4 years but won't sign over his rights to my DH who is supporting them...loving them and being a father to them...that's what isn't fair...grr...sorry jumping off the soapbox
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
auroragold
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:50 PM

I made no comment about abortion at all. Merely referencing the fact that the OP seems to place all the responsibility and choice on the woman and I believe they BOTH had the opportunity to CHOOSE when they were engaging in sex.

Quoting Aspirel:

So why is she allowed to have an abortion? Shouldnt she have used birth control as well?

Quoting auroragold:

wow............

just wow.......

I guess HIS choice not to use birth control isn't to be considered?

fairyjester
3 moms liked this

you say if you dont want to raise your child on your own be more choosy who you spread you legs for.

I say if you don't want to pay for a child be more choosey on who you stick your dick in.

atyou
This MUST be written by a man.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LexRi0709
If he wants no part of said childs life then he needs to sign 1 piece of paper signing off his rights. Until that is signed he is just as financially/emotionally/physically responsible for that child as the mother. He has an out whether that child is born or not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KeepJeep
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:51 PM
I agree with this.

Quoting lordkanarven:

I think if he wants to be a part of the child life he should have to pay child support. If he deosnt pay child support then he has no place being involved with the child but also shouldnt be forced too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aspirel
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:53 PM

But the woman still has a choice after sex!Why doesnt the man?

I really have to go now,but I'll be back.Damn this forum for being so interesting....

Quoting auroragold:

I made no comment about abortion at all. Merely referencing the fact that the OP seems to place all the responsibility and choice on the woman and I believe they BOTH had the opportunity to CHOOSE when they were engaging in sex.

Quoting Aspirel:

So why is she allowed to have an abortion? Shouldnt she have used birth control as well?

Quoting auroragold:

wow............

just wow.......

I guess HIS choice not to use birth control isn't to be considered?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sure you wouldn't feel this way if you were a single Mom doing it on your own.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)