Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pregnant moms on welfare...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 422 Replies
18 moms liked this

I honestly think that if you are receiving cash assistance, food stamps, and/or medicaid insurance for yourself or your children then it should be REQUIRED that you either have an IUD (intrauterine device - used for long term birth control) placed when your application for assistance is granted, or you should be required to receive Depo-Provera shots (injectable birth control) every three months throughout your assistance period. If you don't show up for your shot every three months, your assistance gets shut off.

I am SO sick of seeing women who can't afford the babies they already have, having MORE babies that they can't afford! If the government has to buy your food for you, you CAN'T afford your children, let alone more of them! If the government has to give you money to pay your rent, you CAN'T afford your children, let alone more of them! If you have babies who are on Medicaid already, you can't afford more children!

Obviously you can't do anything about the children you already have, but WHY should you be allowed to have MORE children? This pregnant woman told me (while holding her new smart phone) that she has been using food stamps, WIC, fuel assistance, Medicaid, and a million other government subsidies for YEARS and she and her husband PLANNED to have another baby! It makes me want to throw up!

Before all the welfare recipient moms flip out - this post has nothing to do with WHY you are on assistance. You got laid off, your job doesn't offer insurance, you work 37 jobs and go to school full-time but still don't make enough to make ends meet - and any other excuses you give.

If you're pregnant for the first time, you are employed full-time, and for some reason your employer doesn't offer medical insurance, this post is NOT directed at you. YES, you should get insurance for yourself while you are pregnant to ensure your unborn child is healthy. After their birth you should immediately find a full-time job that does offer insurance so that tax payers are not forced to pay for endless emergency room trips for your kids ear infections.

And before all the welfare recipient moms run to post "I pay taxes too" - NO, YOU DON'T! Just cuz you paid "X" # of hundreds of dollars in taxes during the year does NOT mean you actually paid taxes! The government GAVE you back "X" # of THOUSANDS of dollars on your tax return for being a poor mother! So spare those of us who actually DO contribute to society your BS rhetoric!

Phew! Rant over!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:12 PM
25 moms liked this
Oh shut up.
Adamsmommy602
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:13 PM
7 moms liked this
u r just stupid
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mindie07
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:14 PM
6 moms liked this

who the fuck cares really. drama. I have three children And I have hud and food stamps and medical. go float a boat and have someone else listen to you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

You are a terrible person.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:15 PM
32 moms liked this
No. The depo shot needs to be banned.
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:16 PM
17 moms liked this
Are you people EVER going to move on to another topic and pull your head out of your asses. You DONT know everyone's situation and until u stop assuming u do, you are a fucking idiot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:16 PM
16 moms liked this

I completely agree and I don't need to be anonymous to admit it, I am sick of those who abuse welfare it is disgusting.

Another thing I actually think it should go a step further and sterilize some of these women.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:16 PM
Are you stupid?
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:17 PM
5 moms liked this
Agreed the shit is poison disguised as BC.

Quoting Anonymous:

No. The depo shot needs to be banned.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:17 PM
What about those that don't abuse it but use it like its meant to be used? OPs hating on every on PA...

Quoting SweetPea2004:

I completely agree and I don't need to be anonymous to admit it, I am sick of those who abuse welfare it is disgusting.

Another thing I actually think it should go a step further and sterilize some of these women.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)