Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my 2 year old does chores.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
My 2 yr old dd has to collect eggs from the chickens and give them scratch. She feeds the dogs and goats. She also picks up her toys and scrapes her plate when she is done eating and puts it in the sink. She has to wipe down the table she sits at and empties her bathroom garbage when I ask her to. Does your child/children have any chores?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jcsg
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Yes.  All of my boys started doing chores at about 2yo. 

Jessica_Esqueda
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:34 PM

My 2 year old is not capable of handling chores yet.

Kenre
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Yup. My 4 year old and 2 year old clean their room, takes the toys from the living room back to their room neatly, make their beds, feed their fish, put the dirty clothes in the hamper, clear the table, wash the dishes and wipe the bathroom down. My 4 year old wants chickens. LOL. One day, I tell him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:36 PM
She has been doing them for about a year. She loves to help her daddy so he started putting her to work. Lol

Quoting jcsg:

Yes.  All of my boys started doing chores at about 2yo. 

ragitty
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Impressive. I am just thankful when my 2yo ds picks up after himself

LoVin_BN_MommY
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Yep. Same here. They pick up toys, help me sweep, clean up their little messes after meals..... match socks. Good or bad habits start young. .....I have no shame in having little worker bees lol!!

usmc.momma
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:37 PM
DS is 21 months. I don't set him any chores but he always helps me around the house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovingmyLeah
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:38 PM

yes... my dd started chores at 2. shes a few months shy of 4. IMO u teach them now so they get into the idea of chores. so when they do really hard chores (dishes, bathroom ect) its not overwhelming

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:38 PM
I think the chickens are great for my dd.

Quoting Kenre:

Yup. My 4 year old and 2 year old clean their room, takes the toys from the living room back to their room neatly, make their beds, feed their fish, put the dirty clothes in the hamper, clear the table, wash the dishes and wipe the bathroom down. My 4 year old wants chickens. LOL. One day, I tell him.

starlighthippie
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:39 PM

My daughter picks up her toys. Nothing else yet. She is almost 2.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)