Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Need advice quickly.....ETA..UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies

It has been a long time since I have had a little one in the house.  But a friend of mine had to go in for emergency surgery today.  She is doing well but in the hospital.  I have her four month old.  The kid has been crying for 2 hours now.  We took him for a ride, ran the vacuum, fed him, bathed him, changed him, burped him, took him outside, walked him around in circles, set him down, gave him his paci, switched out people holding him, and now we are at a loss....  any ideas?

DH is walking him around outside....As soon as he tried to bring him inside...he started screaming again.  He is normally breast fed but does take bottles during the day and with dad.  His older brother is with us...but not much help.  If DH can't get him to stay calm I will try the skin to skin contact.  I really don't want to call his parents if I don't have too.  

DH took him upstairs after coming inside..all is quiet for now.  Going to wait a few minutes before I go up there.  I would hate to disturb the peace.  Thanks ladies.  Glad most of you were helpful.  Always has to be one in every crowd though.  Keep your fingers crossed for me for the rest of this weekend.  It should be interesting.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maria1613
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Maybe gas? Has he pooped at all?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Quoting maria1613:

Maybe gas? Has he pooped at all?

Earlier today.  They told me to give him the drops which I did.  We have their three year old too.  He is no help though...he told me that when the baby cries his mommy puts him under her shirt...  I can't do that.  LOL,  DH is currently walking him outside.

GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Put on a sports bra and try skin to skin contact?
Swaddle him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

Put on a sports bra and try skin to skin contact?
Swaddle him

It wouldn't be weird to skin to skin contact someone elses baby?  I don't know if I would be comfortable with it.  I will try swaddling....we sort of did it earlier...but it has been a long time since I burrito wrapped a baby and he kicked out of it.  He is not happy.  We have kept him before but not for more than a few hours.  He was fine most of the day.  But since right before dinner he has been fussy....and has escalated into screaming.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Do you guys think I should just put him in the pack and play and see if he calms down?  How long should I give him?  I never did CIO with DD.  But she always went to sleep real easy.

Angela_Barlow
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Maybe the kid doesnt like being ignored for you to post on CM.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Only let the baby cry a few minutes, I wouldn't let a 4 month old CIO but maybe a few minutes is all he needs. It's worth a shot.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you guys think I should just put him in the pack and play and see if he calms down?  How long should I give him?  I never did CIO with DD.  But she always went to sleep real easy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Have you tried holding the baby in different positions?
armywife0424
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Honestly that might be the best option. I used cio with my daughter and it worked like a charm. You can't put him in there upset though because then it won't work. Get him somewhat calmed and lay him down and rub his belly and back a little and make a shhhh sound. I know a few times with my dd she did this and all she wanted was to go to sleep but was to tired to just let it happen. He also probably misses his mom. Good luck :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Angela_Barlow:

Maybe the kid doesnt like being ignored for you to post on CM.

He isn't being ignored....if you read...you will see DH is walking him around outside trying to calm him down.  We have been taking turns.  I jumped on here for ideas.  My youngest is almost 10...been a long time since I had a little one....but thanks for being so freakin helpful

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)