Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Overreacting?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
Both my daughters just started a new preschool. My 3 year old had a tantrum right before I picked her up and the director was dealing with her when I walked in. No problems with that. I was packing up their things and the director says G put your coat on and hands her my other daughters coat. So she says "no" and before she could say anything else the director reprimands her again and says you will never say " no" to a teacher. "g" tried to explain and say but that's not my coat that's "p" coat. The director said then you should have said "miss r that is p's coat. " ok really she just turned 3 on Monday????

My problem is that I do think my child should be allowed to say no to a teacher or frankly anyone, if she feels something is wrong. She wasn't rude and she didn't get a chance to even say anything once no came out.

I have not said anything to the director yet. I was bullied by a teacher and did speak up for myself. So I am not sure f I am being hypersensitive?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
weezer_cookie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Maybe the director though she was still having a fit. I would give it a while and see if it is a normal thing there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iluv2meow
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

THere are other ways to inform a director/teacher they are wrong, just saying no is not really appropriate. Teaching the child how to address matters correctly is important, but just saying NO, is absurd.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:32 PM
Sounds like she was trying to get her to use her words.
NonaScheib38
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Id be pissed. I just read a story in the paper of a teacher who was feeding his kindergarten students his semen. My daughter can say no to a teacher, hell Yeah. I don't give a shit if she can't explain why she feels something is wrong, because I'm sure she wouldn't have the words to say "hey, miss r I don't like u having sex w me" if the situation arose. Yeah, I'm jumping and I'm sure in most schools this never comes up, but I think its dangerous to embed in a child's mind that they should never say no to a teacher just because he or she is a teacher.

I understand Trying to get kids to use their words and ask politely, but I think even teachers and parents and adults need to show enuf respect to let a kid finish her sentence. But, I dunno. My husband says I'm wrong about that. Either way, I would never tell my kids they could never say no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured