Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Don't have kids you can't afford!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
I see this statement a lot, usually on a welfare-bashing post.

So, answer this. All you who say that there is no excuse for having children you can't pay for.....do you think it's alright for a woman to have an abortion because a child (or another child) would be a financial hardship? As is it would cause a family to go on welfare or stay on welfare longer?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
weezer_cookie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it isn't my place to judge the reason for an abortion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jnttd
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Oh, of course not. For some reason these women have be against abortion AND welfare. One or the others, ladies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:45 PM

sure, why not

KeepJeep
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:46 PM
I've noticed that the people who despise welfare are the same ones against abortion. It just doesn't make sense. I personally could never abort regardless of the circumstances, but I can't make that decision for another woman.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myname27
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:47 PM
if a woman gets pregnant and she cant afford it, she should give it up for adoption or keep and n try and make ends meet. an abortion is not the answer.
NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:48 PM

What percentage of women on welfare that have kids were in serious long term relationships and using birth control correctly each time they had sex?

waterlily89
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:50 PM

There are other welfare bashing posters all over the place, i got separeted from my ex and needed welfare help to get on my feet i had a job and my sister threw it in my face that her and my moms tax dollars were going to raising my kids that i shouldnt have had if i could not afford them, well crap happens i didnt plan ahead to the day my ex and i split, and there are cases where people plan to have a child and god forbid someone gets laid off and they need the help it's not like they plan to get laid off i mean really and as far as for an abortion that would be a retarded reason to get an abortion im sorry but i would rather find a family willing to adopt...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I suppose those statistics would vary based on your state or county.

I know that in my county the majority of FS and Medicaid recipients are lower middle class or working class families. Not sure the stats on TANF (cash aid).

I also know that nationally, about 65% of women who have abortions are married or in serious long-term relationships. Roughly the same percent report using BC the month they conceived.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

What percentage of women on welfare that have kids were in serious long term relationships and using birth control correctly each time they had sex?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Ok.

You may think it's a "retatded" reason to abort. Others may think it's a legitimate one.

My question, however, was aimed at those who bitch about women popping out babies they can't afford. Do those women think abortion is a better solution?

Quoting waterlily89:

There are other welfare bashing posters all over the place, i got separeted from my ex and needed welfare help to get on my feet i had a job and my sister threw it in my face that her and my moms tax dollars were going to raising my kids that i shouldnt have had if i could not afford them, well crap happens i didnt plan ahead to the day my ex and i split, and there are cases where people plan to have a child and god forbid someone gets laid off and they need the help it's not like they plan to get laid off i mean really and as far as for an abortion that would be a retarded reason to get an abortion im sorry but i would rather find a family willing to adopt...

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Any women should be able to obtain an abortion- regardless of the reasons.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)