Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my 6yr old isn't allowed to wake me up on sundays.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 176 Replies
9 moms liked this
I am a single parent. And I have one day where I have a sleep in, usually around 10am I get up.
My dd get up at around 7am. She turns on netflix, or videogames, pours herself juice and makes herself toast with cinnamon sugar. She washes up, dresses herself in whatever zany outfit she desires. And yes, we go out with that outfit later.
I see no problem with this, and in fact believe it makes me a better mother. I don't have family or fathers help at all. Its just me and dd. So this is the only "recharge break" I get. And we're both better for it.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:00 AM
You will get bashed for this!!!
My DD isn't allowed to wake me up any day of te week. Morning time has always been for her and DH!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
activitymode
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:00 AM
5 moms liked this
Whatever works. When they are old enough to do all those things then its cool.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweets27
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:00 AM
You need your rest. Our 6 yr old is very independent too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChelseySpelsey
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:03 AM
I'm married now but I was a single Mom to my little boy for a long time, and our weekends were just like what you described with your DD. :) I taught him how to fix himself breakfast (waffles, cereal, etc) and set his boundaries to what he is/isnt allowed to do and he respected them! I got a couple extra hours of rest and he learned some responsibility. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2theboy1994
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
As long as you are comfortable and she knows to get you in an emergency, I'm not seeing sn issue!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:05 AM
She's not allowed cereal anymore because she spills it all the way from the kitchen to the couch :/
I never plan on remarrying :)

Quoting ChelseySpelsey:

I'm married now but I was a single Mom to my little boy for a long time, and our weekends were just like what you described with your DD. :) I taught him how to fix himself breakfast (waffles, cereal, etc) and set his boundaries to what he is/isnt allowed to do and he respected them! I got a couple extra hours of rest and he learned some responsibility. :)
kemmerer411
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Sounds fine to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoLee12345
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:07 AM
3 moms liked this
Personally I think parents should care for children, not children for themselves!
nicolekcoy
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:11 AM
If it works for you and there is no danger to your daughter I see no problem. My dd is 4 months old and on weekends when she gets up around 7, I put her in the bed with me and we go back to bed. This only happens on weekends so I can get a lil extra sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:14 AM
7 moms liked this
My mom always did this on weekends with me and my little brother when we were little. Kids need to learn independence. Too many parents coddle their children too much--including myself.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN