Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my 6yr old isn't allowed to wake me up on sundays.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I am a single parent. And I have one day where I have a sleep in, usually around 10am I get up.
My dd get up at around 7am. She turns on netflix, or videogames, pours herself juice and makes herself toast with cinnamon sugar. She washes up, dresses herself in whatever zany outfit she desires. And yes, we go out with that outfit later.
I see no problem with this, and in fact believe it makes me a better mother. I don't have family or fathers help at all. Its just me and dd. So this is the only "recharge break" I get. And we're both better for it.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Replies (141-150):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Apr. 15, 2012 at 4:55 PM

I can't wait until my child becomes a little more independant. I think that is a great life lesson to teach instead of having them ALWAYS rely on parents to do things for them. 

CjEmmemommy
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 4:57 PM
Good for you. My son is 5 and asks before he goes downstairs in the am but will also let me sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 15, 2012 at 5:03 PM
I get confused when people reply but don't bother to read the post.
Op said she is a single mom, she probably spends everyday woth her daughter.
She also said there is no family, grandmothers are family last I checked.

Quoting bellanoelsmom:

I honestly think that's sad. I left my Ex husband and that was a main reason. Children should not have to take care of their selves. Since its your only day off you should want yo spend it with your child. If I'm tired I watch tv with my kids but I'm always there. I have not slept one night without being woke up in three years (since my twins were born) I still get up any time any of my kids are up. I don't want them to be independent yet, that's why it's called childhood.

could your dd spend sat nights with grandma and then you could pick her up at 10? Not bashing, just looking for a better solution.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Apr. 15, 2012 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I can't believe this post turned ugly. What's the big deal? My 7yr old wakes up at 5 he'll make scrambled eggs in the microwave or cheesy toast. My other kids like sleeping in but if they wake up before me and they'll go downstairs and watch TV or play. they're 13,12,7, and 6. What's the big deal? Im thrilled they don't need us in the morning and we can sleep in. im a little bit of a helicopter parent but see nothing wrong with this. The people saying that this is bad parenting need a life. You don't look like super mom, you look like a pathetic women who has no life, and the only validation you get is by trying to make others feel bad. Its really sad.

#not sure why it posted anonymous my sn is happy nugget 6
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
champagne_rose
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 5:32 PM

I don't see the problem. Your kid is being independent and you get much needed sleep.

soulawakening82
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 5:39 PM
When my 1 1/2 year old goes down for a nap, sometimes I nap too on the couch while my 3 year old watches a movie
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Toots789
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 5:44 PM
I wish I could sleep in :(. Unfortunately my a-hole husband is always sleeping in (as in every fucking weekend) and I have to get up :(. You're lucky your kiddo is independent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I really wish I could understand why it's such a big deal to some of you.What about when the kid gets to be 16, 17 years old? You still going to get up with them & be up their butts? The way some of you are, it wouldn't surprise me.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you can't be bothered to even get up with your kids, what else can't you be bothered to do?

bellanoelsmom
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 5:51 PM
I did read the post and assumed since she is a single parent she also works and her dd goes to school. If she does not she is very rare and lucky. I was not rude, just giving my opinion. If she doesn't want opinions she shouldn't post her business on a public page.

Quoting Anonymous:

I get confused when people reply but don't bother to read the post.

Op said she is a single mom, she probably spends everyday woth her daughter.

She also said there is no family, grandmothers are family last I checked.

Quoting bellanoelsmom:

I honestly think that's sad. I left my Ex husband and that was a main reason. Children should not have to take care of their selves. Since its your only day off you should want yo spend it with your child. If I'm tired I watch tv with my kids but I'm always there. I have not slept one night without being woke up in three years (since my twins were born) I still get up any time any of my kids are up. I don't want them to be independent yet, that's why it's called childhood.

could your dd spend sat nights with grandma and then you could pick her up at 10? Not bashing, just looking for a better solution.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Apr. 15, 2012 at 6:08 PM

dont see nothing wrong with it is shes a independent child that you can trust.. Your a lucky one. My kids decided to get into everything the minute i turn around let alone if they get up before me..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)