Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

abortion hopefuls meet mommy wannabes

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So there's always people on here saying they're going to get an abortion or give their baby up cause they don't want/cant have it.

And there's just as many people on here saying they're TTC and desperately want a kid.

And everybody's always freaking out on each other about all this shit.

So why don't the abortion hopefuls hook up with the mommy wanna bes and give their babies to them? Solve two people's problems as once.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Replies (171-180):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Having a biological child HARDLY prevents them from becoming violent or having medical problems. In fact, children raised by parents with your "my shit doesn't stink and my kids are better than yours cause they're bilogical" attitude are a lot more likely to be aggressive individuals than those who are raised by more accepting, loving parents regardless of whether or not they were adopted!

Quoting brettsmomma:

ya.. its creepy wanting to know your child'sfamily's whole medical history.  Its creepy wanting to make sure your child has a stable emotional history and wont turn violent.. and lets not even get into the process of adoption!! If women can easily get offended when others tell them to not abort that someone wants your child. Why in the world would it not be offensive to tell a woman trying to conceive that she shouldn't be able to try to conceive her own child  because alot of women have given birth to unwanted children they are required to pick up their slack?

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope, there's no rule. But what's up with people having this need to have a mini version of themselves running around? Yuck. Are you really that special that society can't do without your spawn? If you don't want to adopt then you don't really want a child that badly, you just want a "mini me." Creepy.

Quoting brettsmomma:

what makes you women assume that just because a woman is facing infertility problems she  would want to adopt? Is there a rule that you HAVE to adopt some other womans mistake?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:06 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Calm down lady. Did I say I would do that? No. And we will have to agree to disagree. When a child goes through terrible things like that their innocence is ruined ergo the child is ruined. Not saying he/she can't grow up to be a great member of society. But all part of being a child is innocence. When that innocence is gone, their being a 'child' is gone. But I did not say I would do that. Fact is though people want babies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:09 PM

No and I don't plan on it. I'm not trying to tell women to be incubators for infertile women either. My comment makes perfect sense. Take care of the children that need homes first, worry about the unborn later. Unless the current homeless children are not good enough.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you adopt out of foster care? A special needs child? Unless you did than it makes no sense to comment things like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

What about the children who already need homes? Oh wait, those don't count because they aren't babies or may have special needs. Forgot about that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Good idea but it will never work

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:01 PM
2 moms liked this

And trolling for babies online is reprehensible, no matter how many "willing breeders" they can find.

Women seeking couples to adopt have avenues to pursue without putting their trust in some anonymous stranger on the internet.

If a woman WANTS to do adoption, that's fine.  But in no way should a woman be pressured or guilted into it simply because a bunch of idiots are screaming she's unworthy for being poor, young or seeking to abort.

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

IMO its selfish to expect someone to carry to term just because someone can adopt the baby... what about the millions in foster care that need a permanent good home and loving parents. Often times the children already here breathing are forgotten because everyone wants a baby. My dh and I plan to adopt in the next 5 years and give some child the love they deserve to have.

Bc people want babies to raise and mold into what they want in a child. A lot of people don't want an older child that's already ruined. Sorry but it's true.

But, babies are not blank slates for non-biological strangers to mold as they see fit.  When someone is adopting an infant, they need to understand that the child's personality is just as much nature as it is nurture. 

And I agree with the previous poster.  There are already enough children in need of homes.  Foster/adopt can specify an age range to take in.  Adoption is supposed to be about giving a home to a child who truly needs one, not seeking fresh from the womb newborns to fill the "needs" of a childless couple.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:34 PM

I'm sorry but that's the reality.  A fresh baby will 9 times out of 10 get the home before an older child that's been from home to home.  Just the way it is.

Quoting randi1978:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

IMO its selfish to expect someone to carry to term just because someone can adopt the baby... what about the millions in foster care that need a permanent good home and loving parents. Often times the children already here breathing are forgotten because everyone wants a baby. My dh and I plan to adopt in the next 5 years and give some child the love they deserve to have.

Bc people want babies to raise and mold into what they want in a child. A lot of people don't want an older child that's already ruined. Sorry but it's true.

But, babies are not blank slates for non-biological strangers to mold as they see fit.  When someone is adopting an infant, they need to understand that the child's personality is just as much nature as it is nurture. 

And I agree with the previous poster.  There are already enough children in need of homes.  Foster/adopt can specify an age range to take in.  Adoption is supposed to be about giving a home to a child who truly needs one, not seeking fresh from the womb newborns to fill the "needs" of a childless couple.

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:42 PM

because women who abort dont want to be pregs... and they dont want to trust someone with the baby... they tend to not trust the world and its pretty logical if you look into the persons history....  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:45 PM

I would adopt one. hell, id carry it for the woman if i could. poor kid didnt ask to be here. you owe it to the child to give it what you have too.

Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Amen to this post!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)