Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I've f***ing had it. Up date. Update 2

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies
I'm so tired of my mil call my 7 year old dd fat. It's not that she says stuff to me but where she can here it. And telling her shit like. If you drink from a straw will make you fat. And she can't have this or that cuz she's fat. Or it will make her fatter.

What I wrote to her

It's been bothering  me for some time and I've talk to her dad about things. I want all the comments about my dds weight. Calling her fat. Saying your going to weight her. Saying things about her I want to stop. I can't take it no more and sit back and keep my mouth shut. I'm sorry. But if it keeps going on I'm not going to let you around my dd. your going to make her have a complex and problems. I'm sorry it has come to this but i can't take any more.  Love her for her  or leave her alone. She is who she is and we are happy. You need to be happy for us. and stop. I love you more than anything and have nothing but respect for. I writing this cuz I don't know how to talk to you about this.
Love.

Update2
She read the email. She has been nothing but nice. Hope it stays like this. I'm just going to have to put my foot down. Thanks so much
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my3littleboys
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Tell her to shut the fuck up....I wouldn't let her around my kids if she was gonna keep that shit up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I just don't want a big ass fight. But I'm about to tell her off though. It's just getting bad
lovinglife0682
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Talk to your husband tell him to talk to her.
jacandjay
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Tell her to shut up and mind her business.. its not her child

countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting lovinglife0682:

This.  Talk to your DH about it and then let him confront his mother about it.  She is much more likely to listen coming from her own flesh and blood and not get defensive right off.  Also that way if she causes a fight it will be between them two and they can deal with it mother to son and not in-law to in-law which is always worse. 

Oostera
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Yeah, my gramma pulled something like that. I was in high school and she came over to take my sis out for ice cream for good grades. Then she turned and looked me up and down and said, "But we won't take your sister because she's putting on a bit of weight."

I was 90lbs at 5'8"... so underweight... plus I have a history of eating disorders. My mother kicked her out and no one got ice cream, lol.

Darcyfisher
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Tell your dh to talk to her or if you do it may not go well.
lovinglife0682
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Yep. Been there and have learned that my husband needs to fight those battles. I stay out of it.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Quoting lovinglife0682:

This.  Talk to your DH about it and then let him confront his mother about it.  She is much more likely to listen coming from her own flesh and blood and not get defensive right off.  Also that way if she causes a fight it will be between them two and they can deal with it mother to son and not in-law to in-law which is always worse. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tifferie
by A$$tastic on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Thats all I heard this weekend. Oh she's soo fat. Does she look fat to you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bcauseimthemom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this

What does your husband say? Why does he not put his mother in check?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)