Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

are you a thrower or a flusher?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Why do some hispanics throw their toilet paper in the trash instead of flushing?

Are u a thrower or flusher?

I don't mean to offend anyone. Dh and his family do this I never knew of this before we were together.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:23 AM
Replies (101-110):
luvmymonkeys27
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

In some countries the plumbing can't handle toilet paper. When I was working at an International Summer Camp we had a group of Greek students who kept putting their toilet paper in the bin, because that's what they did at home. No matter how many times we told them they could flush it, they just wouldn't.

pasteeater
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Lol I was literally falling asleep as I was typing. I know not every flushes. Lol

Quoting Whisper85:

I wasn't saying all people with septics do, just some.

Quoting pasteeater:

No. Not all people don't. We flush.

Quoting Whisper85:

People with septic tanks toss them. Not just Hispanics my DH is Hispanic and not once has he tossed his crappy tp in the trash can. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjessers
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Sometimes older plumbing gets clogged more often or if you have a septic system it can back up easier. 

We have to be careful of the toilet paper we use and how much because of a septic system

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:46 PM
I have a septic and we flush!!! Not true.

Quoting Whisper85:

People with septic tanks toss them. Not just Hispanics my DH is Hispanic and not once has he tossed his crappy tp in the trash can. 

justahousewife
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:47 PM

gross. the toilet is for getting rid of things you don't want to see. lol if it fits anyways.

splatz
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Ackkk... flusher!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Umm both, I think. LOL depends on the situation.. Poop doesn't go in the trash, it goes in the toilet..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:48 PM
My ex husband's son would do that. It was so disgusting!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmcdaniel
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:49 PM
My dh's grandparents have a sign in their bathroom thats says something along the lines of throw dont flush.... They arent on septic, so I dont know why this is. Buf it makes me uncomfortable with their bathroom trash can lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justahousewife
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Septics are made to hold and breakdown toilet paper and such. That's why there is a tank and not just a drain field. 

Quoting Anonymous:

If you have a septic its best to throw

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)