Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

are you a thrower or a flusher?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Why do some hispanics throw their toilet paper in the trash instead of flushing?

Are u a thrower or flusher?

I don't mean to offend anyone. Dh and his family do this I never knew of this before we were together.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:23 AM
Replies (121-130):
justahousewife
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:02 PM

I have a farm. I flush. :)

Quoting Sexyfox09:

My grama has a farm and so she puts it in a can. But at my house we flush it.

redhead-bedhead
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:07 PM

How many throw dirty diapers in the trash? It's the same thing.

We are all flushers.

loverfrombeyond
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:10 PM

My house is well over 100 yrs old and my grandpa had the plumbing put in when he bought the house. We do have cleaned on routine, but if you flush it you will see it again soon... :(

Quoting justahousewife:

In 7yrs at my home I've never had a back up. The only clogs are when children dump a whole roll in the toilet or a toy. 

If you get your septic tank cleaned out every 5-10yrs and treat it with live microbes there is no need to toss. Tanks are made to break down the solid material. 

Plastic tampons are the exception. 

Quoting loverfrombeyond:

A lot of places that have septic tanks you can't flush or it'll back up and clog.

justahousewife
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Time for new plumbing. lol A normal healthy septic tank should take care of all proper toilet uses. 

If your septic isn't digesting all the crap (no pun intended) it might need some fresh life added to it. If people in the house take antibiotics and other prescription drugs it can kill the good bacteria in your tank. I dump home made yogurt, butter milk or sauerkraut juice from homemade kraut. It's about the healthiest living bacteria ever. I've never had an issue and haven't had to have it cleaned yet. 

Quoting loverfrombeyond:

My house is well over 100 yrs old and my grandpa had the plumbing put in when he bought the house. We do have cleaned on routine, but if you flush it you will see it again soon... :(

Quoting justahousewife:

In 7yrs at my home I've never had a back up. The only clogs are when children dump a whole roll in the toilet or a toy. 

If you get your septic tank cleaned out every 5-10yrs and treat it with live microbes there is no need to toss. Tanks are made to break down the solid material. 

Plastic tampons are the exception. 

Quoting loverfrombeyond:

A lot of places that have septic tanks you can't flush or it'll back up and clog.

wifey77
by Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:32 PM

how is it racist and disrespectful? if you go to HUNTINGTon Park, ca. there is mostly Latinos. probably 90 percent. so who is using the bathroom??? Latinos. this is why i said its a mexican thing. im far from racist honey im a Black woman who was raised with latinos and have no problems with them soooo go sit down somewhere 

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree! That's just racist and disrespectful to say

Quoting laughing-matter:

Umm it's not Mexican custom to poop NEXT to the toilet.

Sorry I don't know where you're from but that's disgusting anywhere.

Quoting wifey77:

Yeah what dancemom said. But on the flip side ever go into a public bathroom and someone shitted next to the toilet????im guessing it has something to do with the plumbing in Mexico and maybe those didn't have toilets? Idk. I know that this is a Mexican thing cuzz I would see it in predominantly Hispanic areas. I think its so silly, why not just go in the toilet???

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Flusher

2.b.con.10.Ud
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:36 PM
We flush and have a septic. My littlest was doing this for whatever reason. I told him, flush it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:59 PM
Well you're an ignorant black woman. Latinos do not shit on the floor by the toilet!

Quoting wifey77:

how is it racist and disrespectful? if you go to HUNTINGTon Park, ca. there is mostly Latinos. probably 90 percent. so who is using the bathroom??? Latinos. this is why i said its a mexican thing. im far from racist honey im a Black woman who was raised with latinos and have no problems with them soooo go sit down somewhere 

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree! That's just racist and disrespectful to say

Quoting laughing-matter:

Umm it's not Mexican custom to poop NEXT to the toilet.

Sorry I don't know where you're from but that's disgusting anywhere.

Quoting wifey77:

Yeah what dancemom said. But on the flip side ever go into a public bathroom and someone shitted next to the toilet????im guessing it has something to do with the plumbing in Mexico and maybe those didn't have toilets? Idk. I know that this is a Mexican thing cuzz I would see it in predominantly Hispanic areas. I think its so silly, why not just go in the toilet???

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Flusher

Whisper85
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:26 PM

GAH!!!! I didn't mean everyone does that has a septic. I was just responding to the post. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a septic and we flush!!! Not true.

Quoting Whisper85:

People with septic tanks toss them. Not just Hispanics my DH is Hispanic and not once has he tossed his crappy tp in the trash can. 

bug licking

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)