Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

are you a thrower or a flusher?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Why do some hispanics throw their toilet paper in the trash instead of flushing?

Are u a thrower or flusher?

I don't mean to offend anyone. Dh and his family do this I never knew of this before we were together.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:23 AM
Replies (131-140):
PEEK05
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:27 PM

I flush it. My husband and everyone in his family flush it. They are Mexican.

Whisper85
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Okay I know people who have septics that don't flush they have trash cans for it, but they are covered. I wasn't pointing fingers saying that everyone who has a septic throws their tp away. I was just responding to the OP. 

Quoting justahousewife:

I have never tossed dirty tp in my entire life. I've always had a septic. Even if I just blow my nose on it, it goes in the toilet. Why would having a septic tank mean you shouldn't use it?

Quoting Whisper85:

People with septic tanks toss them. Not just Hispanics my DH is Hispanic and not once has he tossed his crappy tp in the trash can. 

bug licking

soontobemommie3
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:29 PM
Same. They make septic safe tp. Angel soft for example.

Quoting bmw29:

We have a septic tank as do most of the people we know and nobody throws shit paper in the trash. That's just nasty.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you have a septic its best to throw
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Toilet paper gets flushed.  Tampons get wrapped up and put in the trash because they clog my sewer system and I do NOT want to have to call someone to come help me if that happens.  Talk about embarassing!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:30 PM
flushed....along with everyone in my home! and we have septic!! id flip bricks it I saw shitty TP in the waste basket...ewwwww
cocoroo
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:32 PM
That happened to me when I lived in an apt years ago. I couldn't get the toilet unclogged and the maintenance guy had to snake the toilet. It was a tampon.

Quoting Anonymous:

Toilet paper gets flushed.  Tampons get wrapped up and put in the trash because they clog my sewer system and I do NOT want to have to call someone to come help me if that happens.  Talk about embarassing!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:41 PM

I have to wrap them up good and bury them in the trash far down or my dumb dog will dig them out and leave them randomly around the house.  THAT...is also embarassing.  She also one time dig a condom out of the trash.  OMG...that stupid animal. 

Quoting cocoroo:

That happened to me when I lived in an apt years ago. I couldn't get the toilet unclogged and the maintenance guy had to snake the toilet. It was a tampon.

Quoting Anonymous:

justahousewife
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Sorry, I guess it just read as a general statement. By some of the posts it sounds like there's a huge misconception about what septics are used for. LOL 

Quoting Whisper85:

Okay I know people who have septics that don't flush they have trash cans for it, but they are covered. I wasn't pointing fingers saying that everyone who has a septic throws their tp away. I was just responding to the OP. 

Quoting justahousewife:

I have never tossed dirty tp in my entire life. I've always had a septic. Even if I just blow my nose on it, it goes in the toilet. Why would having a septic tank mean you shouldn't use it?

Quoting Whisper85:

People with septic tanks toss them. Not just Hispanics my DH is Hispanic and not once has he tossed his crappy tp in the trash can. 

BoggiezMom
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:47 PM
Why does it have to be Hispanics? I'm puerto rican and my family flushes paper
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PhatAttack
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:48 PM
I can't. Imagine the smell!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)