Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not so much a confession.....help?!

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:05 AM
  • 60 Replies
I recently found out that I have a 2.3 inch (6 cm) cyst on my right ovary and that if I get pregnant it can cause a miscarriage and if it bursts it could make the chances of concieving much harder. My SO wants one more child as do I and he wants to ttc right now for fear of not being able to concieve in the future. However I don't ever want to experience a miscarriage I don't think I could handle the loss. I also want to go back to school and start my career before having anymore children. Anyway I believe it would be selfish to try knowing what I do but at the same time I don't want to miss the chance of having one more child. What do you ladies think?

Have you lost your mother or is she no longer apart of your life? Join Mothers without Moms. All are welcome!

www.cafemom.com/group/motherswithoutmoms

by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:07 AM
Are you taking anything to help shrink the cyst?
-JC-
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:11 AM
Get the cyst removed first. its a simple surgery. Also i think if your dh knew about the risks he wouldn't want to try right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:12 AM

Just go in and get the damn thing removed. Its not that big a deal unless you do nothing about it. smh.

mamadismay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:13 AM
No I didn't even know they had medications that could do that do you know what any of them are called. I am going into my regular gyno next week to discuss it. So any suggestions on questions I should ask would be great. I was diagnosed in the er a few days ago.

Quoting wkukid:

Are you taking anything to help shrink the cyst?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadismay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:14 AM
I don't have medical insurance to do so.

Quoting -JC-:

Get the cyst removed first. its a simple surgery. Also i think if your dh knew about the risks he wouldn't want to try right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:16 AM
Im currently trying to concieve and I was on clomid, hcg and estrogen my last cycle. When I missed my period and got a negative blood test the first thought they had was I had a cyst. They gave me provera to reduce the cyst and help start my period. Have you had a ultrasound done to confirm you have a cyst?
mommy_2_be_2010
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:17 AM
Apply for medicaid

Quoting mamadismay:

Quoting -JC-:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadismay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:17 AM
You know instead of being a bitch about it and being a cowardly anon, you could have simply asked of I had the money or the insurance to have the procedure done which don't. So why don't you pull the tampon from your ass and go be a bitch somewhere else.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just go in and get the damn thing removed. Its not that big a deal unless you do nothing about it. smh.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IndigoOwl
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:20 AM
3 moms liked this
Then how are you going to pay for a baby if you can't pay for that?

Quoting mamadismay:

Quoting -JC-:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadismay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:20 AM
Yes thats how I found out. I thought I was having a miscarriage because I hadn't had my period and then all the sudden i was bleeding heavily so they did an ultrasound and that's when they found it.

Quoting wkukid:

Im currently trying to concieve and I was on clomid, hcg and estrogen my last cycle. When I missed my period and got a negative blood test the first thought they had was I had a cyst. They gave me provera to reduce the cyst and help start my period. Have you had a ultrasound done to confirm you have a cyst?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN