Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not so much a confession.....help?!

Posted by   + Show Post
I recently found out that I have a 2.3 inch (6 cm) cyst on my right ovary and that if I get pregnant it can cause a miscarriage and if it bursts it could make the chances of concieving much harder. My SO wants one more child as do I and he wants to ttc right now for fear of not being able to concieve in the future. However I don't ever want to experience a miscarriage I don't think I could handle the loss. I also want to go back to school and start my career before having anymore children. Anyway I believe it would be selfish to try knowing what I do but at the same time I don't want to miss the chance of having one more child. What do you ladies think?

Have you lost your mother or is she no longer apart of your life? Join Mothers without Moms. All are welcome!

www.cafemom.com/group/motherswithoutmoms

by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:05 AM
Replies (11-20):
jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:20 AM

You might want to wait a year or so to conceive. The best ovarian cyst shrinkers are actually birth control pills like ortho tri-cyclin or any other hormone pill. If you take those for about a year, the cyst will likely shrink, then you can  begin trying to conceive again.

mamadismay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:21 AM
I was told Medicaid wont cover it.

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

Apply for medicaid

Quoting mamadismay:

I don't have medical insurance to do so.

Quoting -JC-:

Get the cyst removed first. its a simple surgery. Also i think if your dh knew about the risks he wouldn't want to try right now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Iron_Beauty
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:22 AM

No medical insurance to pay for a surgery, but apparently you could afford to have an expensive ultrasound done?? I smell a troll.

Quoting mamadismay:

Yes thats how I found out. I thought I was having a miscarriage because I hadn't had my period and then all the sudden i was bleeding heavily so they did an ultrasound and that's when they found it.

Quoting wkukid:

Im currently trying to concieve and I was on clomid, hcg and estrogen my last cycle. When I missed my period and got a negative blood test the first thought they had was I had a cyst. They gave me provera to reduce the cyst and help start my period. Have you had a ultrasound done to confirm you have a cyst?

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:23 AM
Quoting mamadismay:

Your in a similar boat to me then. I took provera for 7 days, I haven't started my period yet but I'm having a 2nd blood draw tomorrow because they now suspect I might be pregnant. If its negative I move to the ultrasound. I think provera is the most common drug to give to help reduce cysts, I'm not sure of the price of it without insurance, but I would at least talk to your doctor about it.
mamadismay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:25 AM
Obviously you missed the part where I said I want to go back to school and start my career before I have another child. We can afford the one we have now just fine. I just don't have the extra money to get the procedure done it's not exactly cheap. And if you read the post thoroughly it's my SO that wants to ttc right now not me. I was just for input.

Quoting IndigoOwl:

Then how are you going to pay for a baby if you can't pay for that?

Quoting mamadismay:

Quoting -JC-:

Get the cyst removed first. its a simple surgery. Also i think if your dh knew about the risks he wouldn't want to try right now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:25 AM
They should because it's a life or death situation

Quoting mamadismay:

I was told Medicaid wont cover it.

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

Apply for medicaid

Quoting mamadismay:

Quoting -JC-:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadismay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:26 AM
My dad is helping me pay that bill and I am not a troll if I were why would I post with my SN?

Quoting Iron_Beauty:

No medical insurance to pay for a surgery, but apparently you could afford to have an expensive ultrasound done?? I smell a troll.

Quoting mamadismay:

Yes thats how I found out. I thought I was having a miscarriage because I hadn't had my period and then all the sudden i was bleeding heavily so they did an ultrasound and that's when they found it.

Quoting wkukid:

Im currently trying to concieve and I was on clomid, hcg and estrogen my last cycle. When I missed my period and got a negative blood test the first thought they had was I had a cyst. They gave me provera to reduce the cyst and help start my period. Have you had a ultrasound done to confirm you have a cyst?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:26 AM
Everyone has a different concept of what expensive is, but at my obgyn it's 125 bucks for a ultrasound, without insurance. It isn't really expensive to us. We pay for a 2nd one out of pocket each cycle because it makes me feel better to have a before ovulation and after ovulation ultrasound done so I know I ovulated and how many follicles are there. Only the before ultrasound is covered for us.
mamadismay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:28 AM
Thank you

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting mamadismay:

Your in a similar boat to me then. I took provera for 7 days, I haven't started my period yet but I'm having a 2nd blood draw tomorrow because they now suspect I might be pregnant. If its negative I move to the ultrasound. I think provera is the most common drug to give to help reduce cysts, I'm not sure of the price of it without insurance, but I would at least talk to your doctor about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadismay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:29 AM
My gyno goes by you're income so its not too expensive

Quoting wkukid:

Everyone has a different concept of what expensive is, but at my obgyn it's 125 bucks for a ultrasound, without insurance. It isn't really expensive to us. We pay for a 2nd one out of pocket each cycle because it makes me feel better to have a before ovulation and after ovulation ultrasound done so I know I ovulated and how many follicles are there. Only the before ultrasound is covered for us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured