Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not so much a confession.....help?!

Posted by   + Show Post
I recently found out that I have a 2.3 inch (6 cm) cyst on my right ovary and that if I get pregnant it can cause a miscarriage and if it bursts it could make the chances of concieving much harder. My SO wants one more child as do I and he wants to ttc right now for fear of not being able to concieve in the future. However I don't ever want to experience a miscarriage I don't think I could handle the loss. I also want to go back to school and start my career before having anymore children. Anyway I believe it would be selfish to try knowing what I do but at the same time I don't want to miss the chance of having one more child. What do you ladies think?

Have you lost your mother or is she no longer apart of your life? Join Mothers without Moms. All are welcome!

www.cafemom.com/group/motherswithoutmoms

by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:05 AM
Replies (21-30):
icantshowmyface
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:29 AM
I had tons of cysts and tumors on ovaries and uterus, I had laperoscopic surgery and had a baby a year later. Also would like to add that I have PCOS and endometriosis so that's a double infertility and still managed to have a miracle :) good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadismay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:30 AM
Thank young at least some of you ladies are helpful.

Quoting icantshowmyface:

I had tons of cysts and tumors on ovaries and uterus, I had laperoscopic surgery and had a baby a year later. Also would like to add that I have PCOS and endometriosis so that's a double infertility and still managed to have a miracle :) good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
icantshowmyface
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:31 AM
Y r u ttc with no med insurance?

Quoting mamadismay:

I don't have medical insurance to do so.

Quoting -JC-:

Get the cyst removed first. its a simple surgery. Also i think if your dh knew about the risks he wouldn't want to try right now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeganECox
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:32 AM
1 mom liked this
This is very true! I have PCOS which pretty much means lots of cysts, & I just finished a year of birth control. Last appointment dr told me to stop the bc because everything loomed good! My birth control at Walmart was $9 a month! Very affordable.

Quoting jadedcynic:

You might want to wait a year or so to conceive. The best ovarian cyst shrinkers are actually birth control pills like ortho tri-cyclin or any other hormone pill. If you take those for about a year, the cyst will likely shrink, then you can  begin trying to conceive again.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadismay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:33 AM
I will talk to my doc about getting on the pill and hopefully that helps. Thank you for your help.

Quoting jadedcynic:

You might want to wait a year or so to conceive. The best ovarian cyst shrinkers are actually birth control pills like ortho tri-cyclin or any other hormone pill. If you take those for about a year, the cyst will likely shrink, then you can  begin trying to conceive again.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:33 AM
They are right, it could be pcos, but it isnt always that that causes it.
MeganECox
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:34 AM
That's amazing! For an ultrasound at my hospital, without insurance, it's over $800! & that's not even for a transvaginal ultrasound!

Quoting wkukid:

Everyone has a different concept of what expensive is, but at my obgyn it's 125 bucks for a ultrasound, without insurance. It isn't really expensive to us. We pay for a 2nd one out of pocket each cycle because it makes me feel better to have a before ovulation and after ovulation ultrasound done so I know I ovulated and how many follicles are there. Only the before ultrasound is covered for us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeganECox
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:35 AM
Why does that even have to do with this?

Quoting icantshowmyface:

Quoting mamadismay:

Quoting -JC-:

Get the cyst removed first. its a simple surgery. Also i think if your dh knew about the risks he wouldn't want to try right now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadismay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:36 AM
I am not ttc. I said my SO wants to to fear of not being able to have more. I however want to go back to school and start my career before anymore children. We were just debating in and I wanted some more input from you ladies so I had a better argument to get him to listen to me.

Quoting icantshowmyface:

Quoting mamadismay:

Quoting -JC-:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:37 AM
Quoting MeganECox:

Mine are done within the obgyn office and are transvaginal. They couldn't find my ovary one time and included a outside ultrasound for free because they couldn't find it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN