Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not so much a confession.....help?!

Posted by   + Show Post
I recently found out that I have a 2.3 inch (6 cm) cyst on my right ovary and that if I get pregnant it can cause a miscarriage and if it bursts it could make the chances of concieving much harder. My SO wants one more child as do I and he wants to ttc right now for fear of not being able to concieve in the future. However I don't ever want to experience a miscarriage I don't think I could handle the loss. I also want to go back to school and start my career before having anymore children. Anyway I believe it would be selfish to try knowing what I do but at the same time I don't want to miss the chance of having one more child. What do you ladies think?

Have you lost your mother or is she no longer apart of your life? Join Mothers without Moms. All are welcome!

www.cafemom.com/group/motherswithoutmoms

by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:05 AM
Replies (31-40):
MeganECox
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:37 AM
I wasn't suggesting pcos, I was just saying that the birth control helped ALL my cysts within a year. A few months of birth control may help with yours & won't cost as much as surgery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadismay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:38 AM
Because they're worried I am going to use their tax dollars to fund another welfare baby. Its the holier than thou mothers coming out of the wood work again.
Quoting MeganECox:

Why does that even have to do with this?

Quoting icantshowmyface:

Y r u ttc with no med insurance?

Quoting mamadismay:

I don't have medical insurance to do so.

Quoting -JC-:

Get the cyst removed first. its a simple surgery. Also i think if your dh knew about the risks he wouldn't want to try right now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IndigoOwl
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:38 AM
Right, and I'm giving my input. If you can't afford the procedure right now, you also can't afford another child right now.

Quoting mamadismay:

Obviously you missed the part where I said I want to go back to school and start my career before I have another child. We can afford the one we have now just fine. I just don't have the extra money to get the procedure done it's not exactly cheap. And if you read the post thoroughly it's my SO that wants to ttc right now not me. I was just for input.

Quoting IndigoOwl:

Then how are you going to pay for a baby if you can't pay for that?

Quoting mamadismay:

Quoting -JC-:

Get the cyst removed first. its a simple surgery. Also i think if your dh knew about the risks he wouldn't want to try right now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeganECox
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:38 AM
Sounds like I need to relocate! Lol the cheapest place to get my ultrasounds are about 30-45 minutes away, but it's worth the drive to save about $600!

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting MeganECox:

Mine are done within the obgyn office and are transvaginal. They couldn't find my ovary one time and included a outside ultrasound for free because they couldn't find it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadismay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:39 AM
No I understood and found your advice helpful. Thank you.

Quoting MeganECox:

I wasn't suggesting pcos, I was just saying that the birth control helped ALL my cysts within a year. A few months of birth control may help with yours & won't cost as much as surgery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadismay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:41 AM
Which is why I am not ttc right now and trying to convince SO that its not the best time.

Quoting IndigoOwl:

Right, and I'm giving my input. If you can't afford the procedure right now, you also can't afford another child right now.

Quoting mamadismay:

Obviously you missed the part where I said I want to go back to school and start my career before I have another child. We can afford the one we have now just fine. I just don't have the extra money to get the procedure done it's not exactly cheap. And if you read the post thoroughly it's my SO that wants to ttc right now not me. I was just for input.

Quoting IndigoOwl:

Then how are you going to pay for a baby if you can't pay for that?

Quoting mamadismay:

Quoting -JC-:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:41 AM
The op didn't say they were ttc. I am trying to concieve, I have insurance. The topic only came up because I was using my current situation to explain the use of provera. Don't jump the op guys.
AshleyGaddis
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:41 AM
You can have it removed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gum.drop
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:42 AM
I wouldn't get prego... It is selfish , and considering you dot have insurance for it etc.... You probat dot need another kid to be blunt. You and DH need to e thankful for what you have and work on your future with your family. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeganECox
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:43 AM
Well it's not just her tax dollars. We all put in & none of us can do anything about where it goes so there's no need in complaining about it here. Personally I'm glad there is a system out there that help those in need.

Quoting mamadismay:

Because they're worried I am going to use their tax dollars to fund another welfare baby. Its the holier than thou mothers coming out of the wood work again.
Quoting MeganECox:

Why does that even have to do with this?

Quoting icantshowmyface:

Y r u ttc with no med insurance?

Quoting mamadismay:

Quoting -JC-:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)