Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not so much a confession.....help?!

Posted by   + Show Post
I recently found out that I have a 2.3 inch (6 cm) cyst on my right ovary and that if I get pregnant it can cause a miscarriage and if it bursts it could make the chances of concieving much harder. My SO wants one more child as do I and he wants to ttc right now for fear of not being able to concieve in the future. However I don't ever want to experience a miscarriage I don't think I could handle the loss. I also want to go back to school and start my career before having anymore children. Anyway I believe it would be selfish to try knowing what I do but at the same time I don't want to miss the chance of having one more child. What do you ladies think?

Have you lost your mother or is she no longer apart of your life? Join Mothers without Moms. All are welcome!

www.cafemom.com/group/motherswithoutmoms

by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:05 AM
Replies (41-50):
mamadismay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:44 AM
Thank you. At least one of you ladies can get your point across without being rude. Yeah I don't want tottc right now I want to start my career first. He's just scared of not having anymore children.

Quoting gum.drop:

I wouldn't get prego... It is selfish , and considering you dot have insurance for it etc.... You probat dot need another kid to be blunt. You and DH need to e thankful for what you have and work on your future with your family. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeganECox
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:45 AM
You're welcome. I do think that you should find some way to take care of the cyst, that way when you ARE ready to start TTC, your body will be ready. Ya know?

Quoting mamadismay:

No I understood and found your advice helpful. Thank you.

Quoting MeganECox:

I wasn't suggesting pcos, I was just saying that the birth control helped ALL my cysts within a year. A few months of birth control may help with yours & won't cost as much as surgery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:47 AM

You sound like a total bitch and seem to get overly defensive everytime someone gives you a piece of advice you don't like. In my opinion I see two very prominent reasons for you not to try-- 1) You have no insurance, how are you going to pay for hospital bills? And 2) If you don't have money for this procedure you won't have enough money to raise another child.

gum.drop
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:47 AM
Well there is always IVF later or adoption... I mean there are options ya know. Good luck I hope he can compromise with you on this :)

Gooduck with school and hope you do find relief from the cyst some how!

Quoting mamadismay:

Thank you. At least one of you ladies can get your point across without being rude. Yeah I don't want tottc right now I want to start my career first. He's just scared of not having anymore children.

Quoting gum.drop:

I wouldn't get prego... It is selfish , and considering you dot have insurance for it etc.... You probat dot need another kid to be blunt. You and DH need to e thankful for what you have and work on your future with your family. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadismay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:50 AM
Yes. I am going to see about getting on the pill or some other way to shrink it/get rid of it.

Quoting MeganECox:

You're welcome. I do think that you should find some way to take care of the cyst, that way when you ARE ready to start TTC, your body will be ready. Ya know?

Quoting mamadismay:

Quoting MeganECox:

I wasn't suggesting pcos, I was just saying that the birth control helped ALL my cysts within a year. A few months of birth control may help with yours & won't cost as much as surgery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadismay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:51 AM
Thank you

Quoting gum.drop:

Well there is always IVF later or adoption... I mean there are options ya know. Good luck I hope he can compromise with you on this :)

Gooduck with school and hope you do find relief from the cyst some how!

Quoting mamadismay:

Quoting gum.drop:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeganECox
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:54 AM
Says the person who goes anon to call someone else a bitch on the freaking Internet..... Seriously?

Quoting Anonymous:

You sound like a total bitch and seem to get overly defensive everytime someone gives you a piece of advice you don't like. In my opinion I see two very prominent reasons for you not to try-- 1) You have no insurance, how are you going to pay for hospital bills? And 2) If you don't have money for this procedure you won't have enough money to raise another child.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeganECox
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:56 AM
Good luck to you! Don't listen to anyone on here giving you crap. What you choose to do within your family is nobody's business!

Quoting mamadismay:

Yes. I am going to see about getting on the pill or some other way to shrink it/get rid of it.

Quoting MeganECox:

Quoting mamadismay:

Quoting MeganECox:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadismay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:57 AM
Maybe you should try reading all the replies because I have happily take a lot of helpful advice. You anon bitches are a sad pathetic bunch.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadismay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:58 AM
Thank you. You're a sweetheart!

Quoting MeganECox:

Good luck to you! Don't listen to anyone on here giving you crap. What you choose to do within your family is nobody's business!

Quoting mamadismay:

Quoting MeganECox:

Quoting mamadismay:

Quoting MeganECox:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured