Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Ok so I study criminal justice.. And just read something that really sickened and shocked me!! In 90 percent of rape cases.. The VICTIM has to pay for their own rape kit!! WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 4:37 AM
Replies (41-50):
Nannosmommy
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:25 AM
We will agree to disagree :) as I'm not going to argue.. Also maybe they could get the money from the MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of money they pour into prisons every month

Quoting marchantmom06:

How many people do you think choose to fall down and break their legs, have a stroke, get hit by an uninsured drunk driver, miscarry, get shot, stabbed ect but guess what?? They are all responsible for their Medical bills!! Now If someone is convicted of a crime yes restitution should be made. But if not the government should not incur the bill. That's why medical care is so expensive as it is, because of people who think like you do.

Quoting Nannosmommy:

Our own bills???!!! Like we choose to be raped??? This is not shopping for shoes!!! WTF ... Can see you have OBV never been in this situation.. And have no compassion for someone who might have been.. So let me ask you this a rapist should walk free if someone is too poor to pay??!!

Quoting marchantmom06:

Again, who should incur those charges? Do you know how many women claim rape every single day? We are talking hundreds of thousands of dollars every month. Who should get that debt???

We shouldn't pay for our own bills now?

Quoting Nannosmommy:

I think that there should be a different system in place... I mean come on it's like hey.. Want us to catch your rapist? Ok well.. Pay us a few 1000 for test's. But yet, they don't charge you for fingerprinting during a robbery... Hmmm

Quoting marchantmom06:

Who should pay for them? The hospital? The police? I'm curious now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
colbys_mom
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I know its sad. I wonder the amount of women who didn't bother and their rapist got away free bc they didn't do it bc they couldn't pay. Its not fair and it should be free.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:59 AM

That's a sick statistic...Makes me very sad for victims of rape...

Nannosmommy
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 5:28 PM

It's sickening, our sysem is so screwed up when it won't even protect our own children, we should be ashamed of ourselves as a nation when it comes to that!

Quoting Anonymous:

Parole.

It makes me sick to my stomach.

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

That's messed up, why is he out of prison , creeps like him don't deserve to be let out, ever!

Quoting Anonymous:

That's sick.

I was 9 :(

My moms husband.

Nothing ever happened either.

The abuse continued until I was 17

And when it happened when I was an adult I went to the police about I and they finally charged him.

He just got out of jail last summer

=\

Quoting Anonymous:

They had no emotion and the Guy said what if we gave you a lie dect test I was 12!!!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Me either.

The constant talking about it is horrible :(

I hated every minute of it.

I hated talking about my privates to male police officers.....

Quoting Anonymous:

I did not have to I was a minor, but the process of the antibiotics, the pictures, the never ending interviews ...the system is horrible!

nickysmom71
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Yep, they do, I can attest to that.

raegan1221
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 5:32 PM

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard..it's not like they asked to be raped ya know. Crap.

gum.drop
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 5:33 PM
Who else would pay?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rachellee12
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this

The kit that has all the tests in it for semen, and blood (like agressiveness.)

Quoting DCMsMommy:

whats a rape kit ? :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN