Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Ok so I study criminal justice.. And just read something that really sickened and shocked me!! In 90 percent of rape cases.. The VICTIM has to pay for their own rape kit!! WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 4:37 AM
Replies (11-20):
Nannosmommy
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 4:44 AM
Thought that too.. But only if the state has money allotted for victims ( like a victims crime fund )

Quoting ChaoticSoul:

Maybe they get reimbursed? Sounds dumb since it is part of a police investigation Lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 16, 2012 at 4:45 AM
I did not have to I was a minor, but the process of the antibiotics, the pictures, the never ending interviews ...the system is horrible!
Nannosmommy
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 4:46 AM
:( *hugs**

Quoting Anonymous:

I did not have to I was a minor, but the process of the antibiotics, the pictures, the never ending interviews ...the system is horrible!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nannosmommy
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 4:56 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cambriagurlmom
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 5:04 AM

They don't get reimbursed, at least I didn't. I refused to pay it and told the judge he better reverse the charge on my account. It makes sense if the accused isn't the "raper" but if the person who raped you is convicted then they should be reponsible for that payment. It's like the DNA test that they required my ex to do for CS. He signed court papers on both of our daughters saying he was the father, he is on both of their birth certs but when we split up and I went on Medicaid CS charged him $125 for DNA and research to prove he was the father when both him and I went in the office and showed them all the paperwork they needed.

Nannosmommy
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 5:13 AM

Quoting Cambriagurlmom:

They don't get reimbursed, at least I didn't. I refused to pay it and told the judge he better reverse the charge on my account. It makes sense if the accused isn't the "raper" but if the person who raped you is convicted then they should be reponsible for that payment. It's like the DNA test that they required my ex to do for CS. He signed court papers on both of our daughters saying he was the father, he is on both of their birth certs but when we split up and I went on Medicaid CS charged him $125 for DNA and research to prove he was the father when both him and I went in the office and showed them all the paperwork they needed.

truly sickening :/ did the judge reverse it for you?/

Cambriagurlmom
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 5:28 AM

yea he did luckly it was a nice judge, but I know some girls that have had to pay because the suspect wasn't the person. I was lucky and knew exactly who did it. There should be a fund in the budget to help pay for the tests I know they are expensive and require technical stuff but its just wrong to charge the victim. They do ask if you want one done or not but at that point in time no one is in their right mind and don't relize that unless there is dna proof a lot of guys get to walk.

Vicious_fairy
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 5:28 AM
Oh.... Wowwwwwwww
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 16, 2012 at 5:30 AM
Me either.
The constant talking about it is horrible :(
I hated every minute of it.
I hated talking about my privates to male police officers.....

Quoting Anonymous:

Nannosmommy
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 5:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Sadly, this is why so many rapes go unreported because the way the system is set up you have to relive it over and over . Is really really disheartening to me :/

Quoting Anonymous:

Me either.

The constant talking about it is horrible :(

I hated every minute of it.

I hated talking about my privates to male police officers.....

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN