Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

abortion/deadbeats...where is the line?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 239 Replies
12 moms liked this
I've been reading all these articles about deadbeat dads & abortions lately along with my husband. He asks me "Why do these women think its ok for them to ditch out on raising a baby but its not ok for the guys?" I didn't know how to answer him. So I'd like to know why if a man isn't ready for a baby or if he doesn't want it he is a POS deadbeat when if a woman doesn't want it, she can throw out the "I won't be an incubator"/"It's my body, my choice" or whatever and its supposed to be ok? What makes it ok for a women to not want a baby but its not ok for a man?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nannosmommy
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:05 AM
Uh....idk?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstkn.identity
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:06 AM
6 moms liked this
Ive always wondered peoples thoughts on this. So bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msalice_21
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:07 AM
That's a good question I couldn't answer with my ex.
bellanoelsmom
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:07 AM
Agreed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gravitygirl1984
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Ooooh good question can't wait fir the responses!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnieMcD
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:09 AM
22 moms liked this

IDK, I think a man should have every right to say "I didn't want this baby" and sign away their rights. I think it's awful that a woman can have an abortion no matter what the baby's father wants, but that if a man doesn't want a child he is stuck with child support for the rest of his life. 

I think that allowing this would make a few more women be a lot more responsible about getting knocked up in the first place too. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:11 AM
4 moms liked this
Well my answer is that it's NOT ok for a women to throw out her baby just cause she didn't use protection properly. And so neither can a man.
chanizen
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:12 AM
16 moms liked this
The man did have a choice. It's called birth control. He simply doesn't get to force decisions on a woman's body after that.

And once the baby arrives.... They both have responsibility.

Choose your partners and birth control well. Don't rely on others for birth control. Otherwise... Welcome to being a parent. Here is the bill. Kids aren't cheap.
armywife009
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:12 AM
12 moms liked this

Erm, depends on the situations. You cannot compare all situaitons to each other. You get men that get a woman knocked up and becomes the best man ever for sweeping her off her feet and staying with her and then you hear a year down the road he has left and now he is no where to be found. At least when a woman, sometimes men, knows she doesn't want an unplanned pregnancy she takes care of it. In her mind no point in making the child suffer and herself. 

I don't give a fuck if you pro-lifers thinks that explanation is selfish. There have been a many a scenarios like these and in America abortion is legal, so get over it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:13 AM
2 moms liked this
Why can a mother kill a life growing inside her, but if anyone were to kill a baby once it's outside the mothers body it's murder & a life sentence in jail if not the death penalty?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)