Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't hang anymore!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
When DH and I were married without children we were always up late even into the morning hours. At 10 or 11 at night we'd spontaneously go to the 24hr Walmart, play pool or just go for drives. Lol I had no problem with being up all night, even watching movies. Since we have been parents obviously alot of that has changed. I can't even stay up late in the comfort of my home watching movies. Going to bed at 9 or 10 is awesome now. I wouldn't trade being a mommy for anything. I can't hang anymore though, being mommy is exhausting. Lol Please tell me I am not alone! I am in my 20's and sometimes feel like an old fart, not being able to stay up late. Haha
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnnieMcD
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:46 AM

I'm right there with you. 

markrobsmom
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:48 AM

You are not alone.  :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:48 AM
My dh and I are 26, we get excited when our son wants to go to bed at 7 so we can go to bed by 8! Lol. I feel old. If we go out on weekends we pull the old people card and leave by 9 or 10.
midnight_storm
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:50 AM
I was 19 when I had dd 1, and I couldn't hang. Had dd2 at 25 and felt close to being a senior citizen. Now with dd3, had her in my 30's, I have no problems up all night, go figure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tlc576
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Same here! But, I honestly dont mind most of the time.

starryeyez23
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:54 AM
Same here. Dh was makin fun of me because I went to bed at 9pm last night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Me neither honestly. I am not complaining. Although, every once and awhile it would be nice to hang in there for a movie marathon or something. The other day I was excited to watch 3 movies back to back... I had my drink, snacks and popcorn handy and next thing I know I wake up to a blank tv screen, glasses on! I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and went back to bed. I didn't even make it through the first movie. Haha

Quoting tlc576:

mommie020308
by Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:58 AM
I had my oldest when I was 20 and I felt a lot older after that lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tlc576
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 8:02 AM

I've done that! (and was only planning on watching ONE movie!)

Quoting Anonymous:

Me neither honestly. I am not complaining. Although, every once and awhile it would be nice to hang in there for a movie marathon or something. The other day I was excited to watch 3 movies back to back... I had my drink, snacks and popcorn handy and next thing I know I wake up to a blank tv screen, glasses on! I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and went back to bed. I didn't even make it through the first movie. Haha

Quoting tlc576:

Sunshine257
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 8:04 AM
Your not alone I can't stay up late anymore either I value my sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN