Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ok lady, I didn't shove your child!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

This weekend I'm at the park with my dd and my mom. There were other parents there with their children and when my two year old tried to go through the only "ramp" to get to the tall slides a big kid (maybe 7 or 8) blocked her way and said "no you can't go on my ramp."  I was up there with her since it was so high up so her and I both said "excuse me" three times.  When the boy refused to move, I lifted my daughter up and over him then I moved his arm just enough for me to slip through.  As we were about to go down the slide on the other side of the ramp, the mother of the boy says "I don't appreciate you shoving my child!"  I looked down and said "I didn't shove your child, I moved his arm out of the way so we could go down the slide." 

Now before all you judgies want to tell me not to put my hands on someone else's child I'll be the first to tell you that I would flip if someone put their hands on my child, however I would NOT let my child act that way and standing on the ground saying his name over and over again is obviously NOT working so get your ass up there yourself if you don't want me helping my child to go down the slide. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Replies (101-103):
Mrs.Worthen
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 4:01 PM
I would have called out the mom an been like, are you gonna get your kid out of the way or should I do it for you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Apr. 16, 2012 at 4:17 PM
I agree with a lot of your posts! Moving his arm was harmless considering his mother was doing nothing!! Seriously, IMO if a child is acting out in public and the parent doesn't want to do their job eventually SOMEONE is going to do it for them!! And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that! If my kids acted like that I would reprimand them and take them home immediately.. But if I disn't see it happen and another parent had to "move my child" to get by with their younger child...I would NOT be offended! To all of you saying "don't touch my child"...honestly, no one will ever have to do long as you're Doing your job as a parent and teaching your children to respect the people around them! If someone else has to do your job, such as in this instance, you have no right to get pissy about it! Just my honest opinion!!
Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Quoting sigmomlisl:

Quoting Lauriemom:

Phuleez!! She lifted his arm! Kids need to be called on their bratty behavior! This is what's wrong with our society! Kids don't respect anyone because parents arent disciplining them, and if someone else says anything, mom comes running to "defend" their little "angel"

I don't care, you don't put hands on others. That is the rule for my children and I should set the example and follow the same rule.

I agree, mom and child were both awful but I stand by my opinion. I would have looked at mom and said "could you move him please? We've asked him several times and he won't budge".  I would have called him on it without putting hands on him

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN