Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The battle begins

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 7:00 AM
  • 6 Replies

the battle over the blankets and windows.

Warm weather has arrived (if only temporarily) and it sets the scene for THE BIG BATTLE.  Here's a typical picture.

last night at 10pm the temperature inside the house was 77 degrees.

When I went to bed I left one bedroom window (my side) open about 1/4 way. I slept naked with just the top sheet on.

When DH went to bed, he was wearing fleece sweat pants and beneath the sheet, two blankets and the comforter.

When I woke this morning the thermostat read 74 degrees so it's not like it cooled down AT ALL - yet he is still buried beneath blankets.

And the battle over the temperature in the bedroom commences!

Do you battle with your DH/SO over the temp in the bedroom? Who wants what? Who "wins"?

by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 7:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 7:01 AM
Yep. He usually wins
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SOCO101
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 7:09 AM

We got lucky there. We both like the room to be FREEZING cold, so we can snuggle up in a blanket at night. Now daytime it's another story. I don't like to be cold. He likes the A/C going full blast. That's the never ending battle!

TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 7:13 AM

LOL!  I'm like you, I like it a bit cool at night.  DH knows this and throws and extra blanket on.  After nearly 10 years of sharing a bedroom we have finally figured it out.  I think this means I win...probably because I am a monster (tossing covers, cussing (which I very rarely do), tossing around, getting in and out of bed, etc.) if I am trying to sleep when I am hot :)

colins_mom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 7:15 AM
No so to fight with so I always get what I want lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hollydaze1974
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 7:15 AM
I win :)
lauraschatz
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 7:18 AM
We have an ongoing sleep battle! It's not just over the temp though. I like the windows open. He says there is too much noise in the morning when people leave early for work. I like the room quiet & dark. He wants to fall asleep with the TV on. I don't really mind if the kiddos come in to our bed in the middle of the night to snuggle once in awhile. He says it disrupts his sleep. (even though we have a king size bed and
they sneak in next to me on the outside of the bed)
He likes the fan on. I don't because it blows pieces of my hair in my face and tickles me & wakes me up.
ALL of our issues are about sleep! lol I told him when we buy our next house we need an extra bedroom for me!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)