Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

getting pregnant...on purpose!!!

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:12 AM
  • 60 Replies
1 mom liked this
DH and I have decided to try to get pregnant after this summer. I am so so so excited! The idea of actually trying to get pregnant is bizarre haha.

DS will be 4 in September. We are in the middle of DH adopting DS, so all that should be solved by that time as well.

Again, I have never tried to plan this before. My annual pap is this month, so I will talk to my doctor about how to prepare. But I am impatient and want answers NOW!

How soon before ttc should I stop birth control pills? What about folic acid and prenatal vitamins? I want to be as healthy as possible!

DS is autistic. I love him exactly the way he is, but it has definitely been a struggle (for everyone). I realize there are people out there who have multiple children on the spectrum. I am hoping that the chances aren't as high since it will be with a different father. For the record, if I do have another special needs child, I will love him or her no matter what. It is just a thought that keeps creeping up.

Anyway, I am just really, really excited! I have never had this feeling before...looking at DH and loving him so much and CRAVING to be pregnant with HIS baby! YAY!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:14 AM
No clue about BC, but start taking prenatals now and good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrusherMama86
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Thanks!

Quoting MIA0223:

No clue about BC, but start taking prenatals now and good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sam.Marie
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Bc is different for everyone. Some say it needs 3 months for you to be back to normal. I went off bc and I got pregnant 2wks later. I think like a month or so before to start taking prenatals. Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

good luck!!!!!!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

CrusherMama86
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:18 AM
Thanks! My prescription for my pills expires this month. Maybe I will stop taking them now and will just use condoms until we are ready. Of course, will talk to Dr and DH first

Quoting Sam.Marie:

Bc is different for everyone. Some say it needs 3 months for you to be back to normal. I went off bc and I got pregnant 2wks later. I think like a month or so before to start taking prenatals. Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShesALady
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Took me 6 months to regulate coming off the ring. My sister went off it and that month got pregnant. Everyone's different. Goodluck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stephanie647
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:19 AM
Good luck, start the folic now :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EBee12

I went off bc pills and got pg immediately.

CrusherMama86
Any particular brand you recommend?

Quoting stephanie647:

Good luck, start the folic now :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrusherMama86
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Yikes lol

Quoting EBee12:

I went off bc pills and got pg immediately.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)