Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I've Had Multiple Abortions

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
That's my confession.

I had them at ages 17, 20, 25, and 30.

They were all done before 6 weeks gestation. Three of the four times I was on BC (Nuva ring once and IUD the other two) and I've been with only one man for the last 10 years, so I'm not a "slut."

The first pregnancy was the result of date rape. I had taken Plan B, but it did not work. The second was a BC failure (Nuva Ring) and I was in a horrible situation and would never bring a child into it. The third and forth terminations were for health reasons (related to a health condition of my own.)

It was a difficult decision each time, but it was the best choice each time and I have no regrets. I believe that sometimes, the option to not continue a pregnancy is the most appropriate and responsible decision.

The health and well-being of myself and my children will always come before the life of an embryo. I wish that pro-life women would realize that no one wants to have an abortion. It's not fun and it's not a decision made lightly. But it is a valid pregnancy decision and should remain a safe option for those who need or want it.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:26 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:49 PM
5 moms liked this
Well, I hope that you have since tied your tubes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:50 PM
2 moms liked this
No it's not, but it's a backup option. My IUD was supposed to be my BC. Too bad it failed.

Quoting SarahLizyB:

Abortion is not birth control honey.
QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Makes no difference to me how many you had or your reasons. That's your business
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms_mom_81
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:51 PM
2 moms liked this

I think brains are great too....

Quoting iluv2meow:

I think abortions are great! I wish more women would have them regularly and often :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Lol, no, but I've been celibate for 3 years.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, I hope that you have since tied your tubes.
indy.mama
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Lady, you are fertile myrtle, if I were you I might have my uterus removed if you're done having kids, sounds like you have super eggs!!

RodeoGirlUSA1
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Or perhaps more women and men could take more precautions while having sex. (Not speaking about the original poster here)

Obviously not ALL abortions are a result of unprotected consentual sex, as you can see in the OP, but plenty are. And to suggest more women get them regulary and often (even if you are just stirring the pot for drama) is beyond sick.

Quoting iluv2meow:

I think abortions are great! I wish more women would have them regularly and often :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:53 PM
6 moms liked this
Thank goodness women have that choice. I am always on the woman's side when it comes to her body. Always.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this
You want a cookie?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I never knew a pregnancy with an IUD would be viable?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)