Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I've Had Multiple Abortions

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
That's my confession.

I had them at ages 17, 20, 25, and 30.

They were all done before 6 weeks gestation. Three of the four times I was on BC (Nuva ring once and IUD the other two) and I've been with only one man for the last 10 years, so I'm not a "slut."

The first pregnancy was the result of date rape. I had taken Plan B, but it did not work. The second was a BC failure (Nuva Ring) and I was in a horrible situation and would never bring a child into it. The third and forth terminations were for health reasons (related to a health condition of my own.)

It was a difficult decision each time, but it was the best choice each time and I have no regrets. I believe that sometimes, the option to not continue a pregnancy is the most appropriate and responsible decision.

The health and well-being of myself and my children will always come before the life of an embryo. I wish that pro-life women would realize that no one wants to have an abortion. It's not fun and it's not a decision made lightly. But it is a valid pregnancy decision and should remain a safe option for those who need or want it.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:26 PM
Replies (31-40):
SerenityMom420
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:57 PM

I think you did the right thing for yourself and no one should judge you.  I am pro-choice and have had 2 abortions (1 Plan B failure, 1 termination for health reasons). One of them was when I was married, with my husband's full support.  It is a personal decision and in many cases, a very sound one.  Thanks for posting on this subject, I know it's a sensitive one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

SerenityMom420
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Yes, but you had to take about 6-8 pills at once instead of 1-2. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Did they even have plan b 10-12 years ago?

loveishere5
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:58 PM
6 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

I think abortion is wrong, murder and should be illegal and not allowed. Thats just my feelings on it. Makes me sick to know that people get them and don't regret it or have any feelings towards it at all. I don't understand how people can live their lives that way. To me it is murder - a child/fetus has a heart beat at 24 days.

MaNdYbEaR2010
by *Manda* on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Jesus Christ! Abortion for birth control should be outlawed. Seriously.

MaNdYbEaR2010
by *Manda* on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:59 PM

That's ridiculous. So we don't agree with murder. Of course we won't do it. But that means we should condone those that do? Idiotic logic there.

Quoting loveishere5:

Quoting Anonymous:

I think abortion is wrong, murder and should be illegal and not allowed. Thats just my feelings on it. Makes me sick to know that people get them and don't regret it or have any feelings towards it at all. I don't understand how people can live their lives that way. To me it is murder - a child/fetus has a heart beat at 24 days.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 17, 2012 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Nah. It's not an accomplishment. I'm not proud. I'm just not ashamed.

Quoting Anonymous:

You want a cookie?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Never knew that!

Quoting SerenityMom420:

Yes, but you had to take about 6-8 pills at once instead of 1-2. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Did they even have plan b 10-12 years ago?

i.love.my.life
by Arika on Apr. 17, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Amen.

Quoting SarahLizyB:

Abortion is not birth control honey.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2012 at 4:01 PM
Shit your right. I forgot that a lot of people lack common sense.

Quoting Ms_mom_81:

cause that would make sense?

Quoting Anonymous:

If you don't want kids why don't you just get your tubes tied?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)