Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

poor people

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 346 Replies
28 moms liked this
I can't believe the trash I hear about poor people!!

If someone needs help with food, medical, and bill payment society bashes them.
There is a different between needing help and abuse of help.
I had to get food stamps once when my husband was out of work, he got a job and although they allowed me to have it for up to a year I only had to use it for 4 months and told them I will no longer need it. I could have lied and used it for a year but that would be wrong!!
I hated the looks I got when using ebt card. But feeding my children is more Important then what people though of me.
My husband works his ass off working 16 hour days 6 days a week, and we still can't afford to go out or buy this and that "thank God for dollar tree "
There have been times when I had to hock everything valuable just for gas for him to go to work. Its hard but we do it the right way. We don't take advantage of anyone and I pay back the assistance I received by volunteering at food banks, picking up trash along the road and parks.

So when I hear "poor people don't deserve this or that "I just think it's us poor people who severe your food, who stock the the stores you shop at, we are the ones who say have a nice day after being yelled at that something out of our control ruins your day!, we are the ones working in the snow so the roads are safe for you to go to your Christmas partys.

If we want extra we have to work 8 hours of over time to have a phone, or TV.

So the ones who are defined as poor but work to live they are the ones who should get the best medical care, those are the ones who need tax breaks.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2012 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
couponluv72
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 5:07 PM
6 moms liked this

preaching to the choir sista. you will not convince those who are convinced that those needing welfare are the lazy scum of society that there is ever justification for the need

Please do not friend request me. I am not accepting any friend invites. sorry. 

im sorry

ramonafrog
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Saving my spot...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 17, 2012 at 5:07 PM
37 moms liked this

All people should receive the best medical care, regardless of their economic status...period.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 17, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Thank You!
mandella79
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 5:10 PM
7 moms liked this

If a person is working hard and doing all they can do and legitimately qualify for assistance I have no problem with that.  Your husband is paying state income taxes on his payroll (I assume) so you are paying into the system just like everyone else.  There is no shame in it.  Scammers and illegals are a whole other story....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 17, 2012 at 5:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Were you poor before having kids?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 17, 2012 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this

this is def true and alot of people that think bad about poor people were BORN INTO rich families so what do they know about struggle? how do they know what its like to be poor ? and some people who think they are middle class actually fall into the poor category ...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 17, 2012 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate the word "poor people" as if being poor is a disease or something. Last time I checked " America is in the poor house"! So those hating on "poor people" should get a clue.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 17, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Yes everyone should but the truth is no everyone does, the ones who fall short are the ones who suffer!

Quoting Anonymous:

All people should receive the best medical care, regardless of their economic status...period.

JoLee12345
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Thank you and bless your heart!

Thank you! JoLee G. Waddlekiss

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)