Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I almost punched an 8 year old

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 339 Replies
15 moms liked this
My friend and I took our children to the park for a picnic on a Saturday. Of course the park was crowded but I didn't care. My DD is 2 so of course I was behind her everywhere she went. Anyway........she loves this 1 slide so she kept getting on it, but I made sure she waited her turn is anyone else got to it first. So it's finally her turn so she starts walking up the steps and this 8 or 9 year old comes out of nowhere almost pushes her off and he's trying to move her feet out the way so he can get by. I said, "Ohhhh no. Your gonna have to wait." Before he had the chance to try and go again I put my arm up behind my daughter, blocking him from going any further. I stared at him and said, "move." So he gets off the steps and says to me, " I'm not scared of you lady." He then goes over to his friends and starts telling them about what happened and he's pointing at me and they're all staring at me. So then I turn and give them my "I don't give a fuck" face. I guarantee you, if he would have tried to get back up those steps and push my daughter out the way he would have been on the ground and I would have regretted nothing.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stephanie647
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Wow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:37 PM
9 moms liked this
Stand off with an 8 y/o. Classic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:37 PM
33 moms liked this

You're the Chuck Norris of Moms.

JustCJ
by ~yeerp~ on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:39 PM

My thoughts exactly!!

Quoting outtamymynd:

Stand off with an 8 y/o. Classic.

avajeansmomma
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:40 PM
4 moms liked this

Big bad mommy wants a spin in prison? I bet your daughter would be happy to see you out at her graduation.. or better yet in the hospital after the parent of that kid comes after you. You sound like a genius! Take some parenting classes.

Mrz.Anaya
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:40 PM
27 moms liked this
Some kids are ridiculously disrespectful i would've had words with his mother
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamacough
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:41 PM

BRAVO.

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:41 PM
12 moms liked this

I get defensive, too, when my wee ones are involved.   When they are closer in age and such, I handle it better... but if some 8 or older kid were pushing my toddler...   yeah, I'm gonna let them know that it's not happening.

Kaelaknowsitall
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Fighting with a small child, good job! :/
msalice_21
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:43 PM
87 moms liked this
Why do woman think its immature to tell a kid off when CLEARLY the kid needed it? Since when did kids have the right to start acting like total brats and adults have to deal with it?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)