Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I almost punched an 8 year old

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My friend and I took our children to the park for a picnic on a Saturday. Of course the park was crowded but I didn't care. My DD is 2 so of course I was behind her everywhere she went. Anyway........she loves this 1 slide so she kept getting on it, but I made sure she waited her turn is anyone else got to it first. So it's finally her turn so she starts walking up the steps and this 8 or 9 year old comes out of nowhere almost pushes her off and he's trying to move her feet out the way so he can get by. I said, "Ohhhh no. Your gonna have to wait." Before he had the chance to try and go again I put my arm up behind my daughter, blocking him from going any further. I stared at him and said, "move." So he gets off the steps and says to me, " I'm not scared of you lady." He then goes over to his friends and starts telling them about what happened and he's pointing at me and they're all staring at me. So then I turn and give them my "I don't give a fuck" face. I guarantee you, if he would have tried to get back up those steps and push my daughter out the way he would have been on the ground and I would have regretted nothing.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Replies (21-30):
Sunshine2plus2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Good for you! Alot of kids now days are taught nothing and most are disrespectful little brats!

cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this
To the haters, raise your kids to NOT be the 8 year old. I've seen such bad kids at playgrounds!!!
avajeansmomma
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:53 PM
5 moms liked this

You have some serious anger problems. What normal people would do would talk to his parents, or use your words to explain to him it isn't proper and to wait his turn. If that doesn't work well take your kid and leave. Better to take the high road, what would you hitting him teach the kid? What would that teach your child? There is just so much fail with your logic it's amazing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Like I said I would have regretted nothing. I'm going to protect MY OWN, and other parents need to teach their kids respect.

Quoting avajeansmomma:

Big bad mommy wants a spin in prison? I bet your daughter would be happy to see you out at her graduation.. or better yet in the hospital after the parent of that kid comes after you. You sound like a genius! Take some parenting classes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep sure does. Especially if that "child" who is clearly old enough to know what he or she is doing is wrong. Sorry, but I'm going to protect my toddler.

Quoting StephG718:

Mother of the year right here people!

Seriously, I understand getting pissed at the bigger kid. But why not tell his mom? Does is make you feel good to bully and CHILD? Please, grow up.

fatcat0908
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:55 PM
I would have picked up my two year old, explained to her how that child had bad manners and made an example out of his behavior rather than even conjured up the thought of doing bodily harm to an innocent (albeit rude) defenseless child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msalice_21
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:55 PM
But that's basically what she did. And even then, web verbally talking to a child, people get up in arms. It's so sad how kids can treat people so bad and get away with it.

Quoting angelbaby1977:

jnttd
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:57 PM
I agree with talking to the child and parents, but saying you would hit the child is just foolish. You want assault charges? You want to be labeled as a child abuser? You want your DH or a family member to have to pick up your 2 year old from state custody because you're in handcuffs at the station? You want your daughter to witness you getting physical?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Cool. Lmao truthfully I'm probably one of the sweetest people you will ever meet. Takes a lot to irritate me or even get me mad.

Quoting avajeansmomma:

You have some serious anger problems. What normal people would do would talk to his parents, or use your words to explain to him it isn't proper and to wait his turn. If that doesn't work well take your kid and leave. Better to take the high road, what would you hitting him teach the kid? What would that teach your child? There is just so much fail with your logic it's amazing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Like I said I would have regretted nothing. I'm going to protect MY OWN, and other parents need to teach their kids respect.

Quoting avajeansmomma:

Big bad mommy wants a spin in prison? I bet your daughter would be happy to see you out at her graduation.. or better yet in the hospital after the parent of that kid comes after you. You sound like a genius! Take some parenting classes.

ChunkyMonkey25
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this

When I was younger I use to get pissed like this. Talking to another persons child kindly works wonders. I try to treat other peoples children like I would want my own treated. 

That 8 year old is someones child who more than likely means just as much to that mother as your 2 year old means to you. Keep that in mind.

LCG83
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:58 PM
That would make me mad too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN