Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I almost punched an 8 year old

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My friend and I took our children to the park for a picnic on a Saturday. Of course the park was crowded but I didn't care. My DD is 2 so of course I was behind her everywhere she went. Anyway........she loves this 1 slide so she kept getting on it, but I made sure she waited her turn is anyone else got to it first. So it's finally her turn so she starts walking up the steps and this 8 or 9 year old comes out of nowhere almost pushes her off and he's trying to move her feet out the way so he can get by. I said, "Ohhhh no. Your gonna have to wait." Before he had the chance to try and go again I put my arm up behind my daughter, blocking him from going any further. I stared at him and said, "move." So he gets off the steps and says to me, " I'm not scared of you lady." He then goes over to his friends and starts telling them about what happened and he's pointing at me and they're all staring at me. So then I turn and give them my "I don't give a fuck" face. I guarantee you, if he would have tried to get back up those steps and push my daughter out the way he would have been on the ground and I would have regretted nothing.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Replies (31-40):
Winds-Of-Change
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Well aren't you just a bad-ass. And in your spare time- maybe you can find some preschoolers to intimidate. He is a kid- a poorly mannered one, but a KID. You on the other hand, are just as immature.

cbrizzee
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:59 PM
I hate when that happens! Why does it seam likt the bigger kids have no manners at ther parks? And where the hell are their parents! My dd is 4 now so I'm trying to stay a little further back and let her learn how to do things by herself so she will be ready for school next year. I've gottten in the habit of shouting out reminders to no one in general when I see older kids or even my dd being mean usualy something like " let's remember not to shove" or " one at a time" and " the slide is a one way street" I've had moms of smaller children thank me for it because usualy the bigger kids correct them selves, if they continue I seek out their gaurdian and ask them to reming their child to share the park.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I have had that happen many times so I understand where you are coming from and a lot of times there is nobody supervising the older child. I think just making sure your child got their turn is sufficient or just telling the other kid to wait a minute until your child goes down is sufficient. Lol at some of the comments since I don't really think you would have punched the other child or layed a hand on them. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Like I said I would have regretted nothing. I'm going to protect MY OWN, and other parents need to teach their kids respect.

Quoting avajeansmomma:

Big bad mommy wants a spin in prison? I bet your daughter would be happy to see you out at her graduation.. or better yet in the hospital after the parent of that kid comes after you. You sound like a genius! Take some parenting classes.

Hutersmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 11:00 PM
I'm with you if there parent won't correct their behavior I will I never but hands on them unless my ds is in immediate danger (ex: the large older boy that decided he was going to run up the slide while my 2yo was coming downjust a hand on his sholder and a you know better use the stairs)I'm not afraid to tell a kid that they are being to rough or to play on the olderkids playset cause they might hurt a little one. I'm not scared to tell a parent that you need to keep an eye on your kid cause if he hurts mine we will have a issue. The problem isn't the mom protecting her kid its the brat who's mom is to busy texting or chating w/ her bff to correct them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyLos
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Quoting msalice_21:

Why do woman think its immature to tell a kid off when CLEARLY the kid needed it? Since when did kids have the right to start acting like total brats and adults have to deal with it?

SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Good for you mama! Next time though go find his mom, but I doubt she would care. I remember when dd was 1 1/2 we were at a playgroup and this 2-3 yr old was going around yanking on smaller kids hair. She got to my dd and pulled her hair hard enough to pull some out she and I watched as her mother just chatted away to another mom oblivious. The kid reached again for dd and I grabbed her hand mid air and tol her No we don't do that. Her mom looked over and I gave her a dirty look and she continued to talk to her friend. I dislike people who do not take care of their kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2012 at 11:03 PM
This. I'd tell a kid off of they pushed my toddler. Then I'd go give the parent shit.

Quoting msalice_21:

Why do woman think its immature to tell a kid off when CLEARLY the kid needed it? Since when did kids have the right to start acting like total brats and adults have to deal with it?
melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 11:03 PM

whenever there are little ones at the playground my 10 year old daughter has a problem with trying to play mother hen to them.  I am always having to tell her to back off the little ones lol  She was taught from a young age to be careful around kids smaller than her.  I hate when parents of older kids let their kids push the little ones around just because they can.

samara_love33
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 11:04 PM
4 moms liked this
I don't think you were wrong at all...when I was pregnant with my daughter my younger sister who is 8 years younger than me got mad at me for sitting on the couch so she threw a book at me and hit me on my stomach...pregnant and all I whipped her ass for it than last year she kicked me in my stomach I was pregnant again she was mad over something else dumb so I beat the shit out of her she picked up my daughters chair and tried to busy me upside my head I tried to murder her if nobody was in there I probably would have she got off lucky that day and yes everytime I was pregnant I was legal age she still isn't legal but my motto is if you can step to me like you grown im going to whip your ass like you grown
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Wow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)