Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I almost punched an 8 year old

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My friend and I took our children to the park for a picnic on a Saturday. Of course the park was crowded but I didn't care. My DD is 2 so of course I was behind her everywhere she went. Anyway........she loves this 1 slide so she kept getting on it, but I made sure she waited her turn is anyone else got to it first. So it's finally her turn so she starts walking up the steps and this 8 or 9 year old comes out of nowhere almost pushes her off and he's trying to move her feet out the way so he can get by. I said, "Ohhhh no. Your gonna have to wait." Before he had the chance to try and go again I put my arm up behind my daughter, blocking him from going any further. I stared at him and said, "move." So he gets off the steps and says to me, " I'm not scared of you lady." He then goes over to his friends and starts telling them about what happened and he's pointing at me and they're all staring at me. So then I turn and give them my "I don't give a fuck" face. I guarantee you, if he would have tried to get back up those steps and push my daughter out the way he would have been on the ground and I would have regretted nothing.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Replies (331-339):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:33 AM
And...........your point is?????

Quoting JDmommyJD:

IF the child was alone then yes, it was a parenting fail. But still a FAIL on the op. I would hav stood between my child and the 8 yr old. I would have told him he needs to wait his turn and keep his hands to himself and his behavior was inappropriate. I would never think of, or resort to, acting like a child.. That doesnt help anyone 

Quoting UnIdentiFiedOne:

She didn't hit him...stop being dramatic. Saying it and doing it are not the same. She already said she did not see a parent with these boys.

Parenting fail, and not the OP.

Quoting JDmommyJD:

If an 8 year old is on the playground his parent was prob. sitting on a bench reading a book. Thats crazyyy not to watch your 8 year old like a hawk but perfectly fine for a mom who would punch a child in the face..

Quoting UnIdentiFiedOne:

And? An eight year old shouldn't be running around the park unsupervised either. 

Quoting JDmommyJD:

well your child is 2 so I hope so...

Quoting Anonymous:

I watch my child plain and simple. If you can't keep an eye on them you shouldn't go to the park.

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Im sorry but no mother is staring at hr 8 year old the whole time they play. And NO 8 year old is gonna be sweet and nice all the time. You are an adult and you somehow feel punching an 8 year old is ok? If your, obviously angel of a child, happened to do something hateful and you didnt see it would you want the other mom to touch your child? I didnt think so!

Quoting jamieharper08:

Why should anyone have to inform people of what their child is doing? I am not taking my kids to the park to watch anyones child but my own. If you don't want people to give your child dirty looks....WATCH THEM....AND GET ONTO THEM WHEN THEY DO SOMETHING WRONG!!!! Common sense comes a long way :)

Quoting JDmommyJD:

You dont have to "deal with it" but there is a BETTER way then thinking about PUNCHING an 8 year old CHILD! Im sure their parents or sitter was there and she SHOULD have went over and POLITELY informed them of THEIR childs behavior.

Quoting msalice_21:

Why do woman think its immature to tell a kid off when CLEARLY the kid needed it? Since when did kids have the right to start acting like total brats and adults have to deal with it?

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

My point was there ar much more MATURE ways to handle things... If he would have came back and you did what you said you would hav you would have been behaving WORSE than him and YOU are the fricken ADULT. How can you think its wrong for him to be rough with someone 6 years younger when you were going to get physical with him, who was prob 15 years younger? You are no different. In fact you are WORSE. He is a child, he will/ can change. You need to grow up.

Quoting Anonymous:

And...........your point is?????

Quoting JDmommyJD:

IF the child was alone then yes, it was a parenting fail. But still a FAIL on the op. I would hav stood between my child and the 8 yr old. I would have told him he needs to wait his turn and keep his hands to himself and his behavior was inappropriate. I would never think of, or resort to, acting like a child.. That doesnt help anyone 

Quoting UnIdentiFiedOne:

She didn't hit him...stop being dramatic. Saying it and doing it are not the same. She already said she did not see a parent with these boys.

Parenting fail, and not the OP.

Quoting JDmommyJD:

If an 8 year old is on the playground his parent was prob. sitting on a bench reading a book. Thats crazyyy not to watch your 8 year old like a hawk but perfectly fine for a mom who would punch a child in the face..

Quoting UnIdentiFiedOne:

And? An eight year old shouldn't be running around the park unsupervised either. 

Quoting JDmommyJD:

well your child is 2 so I hope so...

Quoting Anonymous:

I watch my child plain and simple. If you can't keep an eye on them you shouldn't go to the park.

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Im sorry but no mother is staring at hr 8 year old the whole time they play. And NO 8 year old is gonna be sweet and nice all the time. You are an adult and you somehow feel punching an 8 year old is ok? If your, obviously angel of a child, happened to do something hateful and you didnt see it would you want the other mom to touch your child? I didnt think so!

Quoting jamieharper08:

Why should anyone have to inform people of what their child is doing? I am not taking my kids to the park to watch anyones child but my own. If you don't want people to give your child dirty looks....WATCH THEM....AND GET ONTO THEM WHEN THEY DO SOMETHING WRONG!!!! Common sense comes a long way :)

Quoting JDmommyJD:

You dont have to "deal with it" but there is a BETTER way then thinking about PUNCHING an 8 year old CHILD! Im sure their parents or sitter was there and she SHOULD have went over and POLITELY informed them of THEIR childs behavior.

Quoting msalice_21:

Why do woman think its immature to tell a kid off when CLEARLY the kid needed it? Since when did kids have the right to start acting like total brats and adults have to deal with it?

capricornuandme
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Quoting sfkdny:

she sure is, she is teaching her child that even at the playground, there are rules to follow - wait your damn turn and take it easy around the little ones.  if your children cannot do that, let them act like animals in your own damn yard...smh - you all are raising a bunch of criminals if you think what that older kid did was okay

Quoting capricornuandme:

Wow, you are a great role model for you kiddo!

She could have handled it like an adult. You know, b/c that is what she is. You don't lower your standards b/c a kid does something stupid. Geez come on, your telling me that b/c she could have almost punched a 9 year old, she is a great role model. LOL. Okay..

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I'm of the opinion that that kid was being disrespectful. I don't care who you are but please have some manners and common sense

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Yep she sure is :) LMAO! U mad???????

Quoting capricornuandme:

Quoting sfkdny:

she sure is, she is teaching her child that even at the playground, there are rules to follow - wait your damn turn and take it easy around the little ones.  if your children cannot do that, let them act like animals in your own damn yard...smh - you all are raising a bunch of criminals if you think what that older kid did was okay

Quoting capricornuandme:

She could have handled it like an adult. You know, b/c that is what she is. You don't lower your standards b/c a kid does something stupid. Geez come on, your telling me that b/c she could have almost punched a 9 year old, she is a great role model. LOL. Okay..

capricornuandme
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting capricornuandme:

Quoting sfkdny:

Quoting capricornuandme:

mad at this? Give me a break, I am an adult! Unlike you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:29 PM
And your opinion is supposed to matter because............

Quoting capricornuandme:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting capricornuandme:

Quoting sfkdny:

Quoting capricornuandme:

capricornuandme
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting capricornuandme:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting capricornuandme:

Quoting sfkdny:

Quoting capricornuandme:

Oh lord! Some one disagreed with you,and you tell them that their opinion does not matter. Frankly, I don't give two shits if you like what I have to say or not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Ok. And neither do I. Not like it would change anything.

Quoting capricornuandme:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting capricornuandme:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting capricornuandme:

Quoting sfkdny:

Quoting capricornuandme:

Oh lord! Some one disagreed with you,and you tell them that their opinion does not matter. Frankly, I don't give two shits if you like what I have to say or not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)