Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

medical care in this country should be a RIGHT

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 5:58 AM
  • 239 Replies
21 moms liked this

there should not be people who die from curable illnesses or who need medical care that is outside their ability to afford. its disgusting that in 2012 we have this going on. I think every American Citizen should be entitled to proper medical care no matter the illness. and it is something this country truly needs to fix, not Obamacare crap. having health, quality of life shoudl be a RIGHT to be fought for. 

Please do not friend request me. I am not accepting any friend invites. sorry. 

im sorry

by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 5:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 18, 2012 at 5:59 AM
3 moms liked this
I completely and totally agree.
mstevens10
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 5:59 AM
9 moms liked this
I agree to an extent. The fact is, the medicines cost money... Someone HAS to pay for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thehickinhickor
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 5:59 AM
1 mom liked this
i agree 100%
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaWolf01
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 6:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree

couponluv72
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 6:00 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting mstevens10:

I agree to an extent. The fact is, the medicines cost money... Someone HAS to pay for it.

and big pharma needs to be totally reigned in on their outrageous over pricing. my abilify costs $1200 a month alone. RIDICULOUS!

im sorry

MamaWolf01
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 6:04 AM

Quoting couponluv72:

Quoting mstevens10:

and big pharma needs to be totally reigned in on their outrageous over pricing. my abilify costs $1200 a month alone. RIDICULOUS!

The easiest way to do it is legally allow people to get it from other places outisde the us and create competitiion which drives down the price. 

mstevens10
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 6:04 AM
Yea, some things are outrageous for no good reason... Others have expensive ingredience in it. But when the brand costs way way more the generic that's insane. I had a medicine that the generic wasnt much cheaper it was just the cost to make it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
couponluv72
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 6:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MamaWolf01:

Quoting couponluv72:

Quoting mstevens10:

The easiest way to do it is legally allow people to get it from other places outisde the us and create competitiion which drives down the price. 

but except for certain countries many other places do not have the same standards our country does at least have with testing and what not. its a dangerous game to open the world pharma floodgates. though i think we shoudl legally be able to get our meds from say Canada. 

im sorry

couponluv72
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 6:06 AM

Quoting mstevens10:

Yea, some things are outrageous for no good reason... Others have expensive ingredience in it. But when the brand costs way way more the generic that's insane. I had a medicine that the generic wasnt much cheaper it was just the cost to make it.

there is no generic for abilify as of yet

im sorry

MamaWolf01
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 6:08 AM

Quoting couponluv72:

Quoting MamaWolf01:

Quoting couponluv72:

Quoting mstevens10:

but except for certain countries many other places do not have the same standards our country does at least have with testing and what not. its a dangerous game to open the world pharma floodgates. though i think we shoudl legally be able to get our meds from say Canada. 

True, but getting drugs from other 1st world nations like canada isn't going to be like getting them from say paraguay. Considering they have a accepted universal model they will have to maintain some level of standards.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)