Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My parents chose my spouse...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
And I made the mistake of running away. I did not marry the guy they wanted me to. Instead I met my own guy and had children with him. My mother warned me that he wasnt good and would cheat. He did exactly as she said. Now they have a new man for me and I am going to listen this time. My sisters all enjoy their spouses and I want to be happy too. That is why I believe in the parents choosing the spouse for their child. I am setting my children for arranged marriages too.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Replies (21-30):
Robe739IsBack
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Lmbo! The words are super tiny on my phone screen.... I thought it said: "I promise to find brides for all my bros!"

Bahahaaa!

Quoting cherrywaves21:

Not this again... Buddy Christ calls troll, he has a bridge for you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TERRIDAWN
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:45 AM

What do you do if the New Man your parents choose for you is a cheat and is abusive towards you or your children then what?   

Crimsonia
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Glad it worked for you.... my parents were on the other side of the country when I met my husband.... several times in the beginning, my parents tried to tell me that my husband was bad for me.... I chose to follow my heart, 2 Days ago we celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary.

I'm not saying that I don't respect and take to heart the advice my parents give me.... but guess what.... parents CAN be wrong, too.

cherrywaves21
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:50 AM
Hahaha! I need to make the words bigger since most people are mobile.

I couldn't do that to a woman my friends are douche bags to everyone but me lol.

Quoting Robe739IsBack:

Lmbo! The words are super tiny on my phone screen.... I thought it said: "I promise to find brides for all my bros!"

Bahahaaa!

Quoting cherrywaves21:

Not this again... Buddy Christ calls troll, he has a bridge for you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
destiny2nv
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:52 AM
I hope everything works out for you. I think its a good idea to at least give it a try, why not. Hopefully he is a good husband and father and y'all share similar goals in life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemom1208
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Wish you luck with everything!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicki1018
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Quoting alyssaravensmom:

I hope it works out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MWV85
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:53 AM

poor kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Good for you. I could never do it. I want my son to find love on his own. I guess you just can't pick a good man on your own.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN